FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-03 6:41 pm   Permalink

Happy decade on TC! looking good. I like the record crate and the barrel you repurposed. Very cool.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-04 10:39 am   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2013-10-03 18:09, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Hey! I just realized I just passed the 10 year mark on TC! Hooray for me!

Hey, congratulations Slacks! I was looking at your thread and thought, hmmm...

"Nice job. He and I were newbies around the same time..." and sure enough...

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-19 11:43 am   Permalink

Now the Kanaloa Lounge has an original song! It's by Forbidden Dimension's Jackson Phibes. Check out the You-tube clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aENllWBngVM

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-19 10:59 pm   Permalink

Swank! Where can I buy the vinyl 45?

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Tex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-09-20 06:41 am   Permalink

Awesome...Bar!
Awesome...Song!

All told...totally AWESOME!!!

View Profile of Tiki Tex Send a personal message to Tiki Tex  Email Tiki Tex     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-12-23 6:31 pm   Permalink

I am in awe... I was looking up Tiki stuff here in Calgary and came across this and your Facebook (with photos of some of my coworkers from the Glenbow, which was weird ^_^ ). Absolutely STUNNING work. It would be inspiring if it wasn't so overwhelmingly good. At least it's filling me with the envy of an apartment-dweller.

I'm especially liking the way your lava rock features turned out, though that's like picking one jewel out of a crown. Thanks for sharing how you did it... I might try the idea for a smaller, portable thing in my and my wife's Enchanted Tiki Kitchen ^_^

Anyways, wow, amazing!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-27 08:17 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the kind words ETG! Seems we might already know some of the same folks. It would be cool to have a fellow Calgary tiki enthusiast over to enjoy the lounge someday. Happy Holidays!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-12-30 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-12-27 08:17, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Mahalo for the kind words ETG! Seems we might already know some of the same folks. It would be cool to have a fellow Calgary tiki enthusiast over to enjoy the lounge someday. Happy Holidays!

Abdolutely! Whenever you feel like having a gathering, just say the word

Happy New Year!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha Daddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-12-30 10:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha Slacks, I just found this thread and your bar/space is amazing! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! I am gathering my thoughts and ideas for improvements for 2015 and your bar is definitely getting my creative juices flowing!! Mahalo!!! and Happy New Year!!!

View Profile of Aloha Daddy Send a personal message to Aloha Daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-23 7:29 pm   Permalink

Gotta say that this is still one of my top 10 best home bars. So amazing.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IDoVoodoo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-02-23 11:25 pm   Permalink

Definitely rad.

-Voodoo

View Profile of IDoVoodoo Send a personal message to IDoVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-23 11:38 pm   Permalink

Good stuff Slacks. Tell me about the lava fountain with the red light (bottom of page 11 of this thread), the effect is a lava flow in your photo. Spray foam for lava, painted black, has a realistic lava flow look. My real questions are about the red lighting placement; is the red bulb in the hole of the fountain or under the lip of the top surface of the fountain and is that some find of low flowing fog effect over the pond. Whatever it is the lave, lighting and fog give off a very real look. Believe me I've been on hot lava with fresh flows underneath on the Big Island of Hawai'i and if your a guy, wearing shorts and stay in one place for over 40 seconds two things happen; one the bottom of your shoes start melting and two; your huevos rancheros start cooking (if you know what I mean). Haha! I'll never forget that. I digressed, sorry, anyway good job SF.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Banana Bill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-24 07:57 am   Permalink

I love absolutely everything about your lounge. Amazing ideas. Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of Banana Bill Send a personal message to Banana Bill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-25 11:08 am   Permalink

Mahalo folks! I appreciate the kind words!

I've added a few pics of recent additions to the bar:

The entrance way with new trapezoid shaped painting showing Polynesian motifs, light up float lamp, and clay tiki sentinels based on the tiki guards at the now defunct Kon Tiki in Montreal:

Better look at the painted piece and sentinels:

A better look at the left guard:

A better look at the "Right Guard" Hardy har har!:

"Shark Jaws" that hang above the exit. The teeth spell out in binary code: Mahalo for visiting the Kanaloa Lounge:

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-25 11:13 am   Permalink

And to answer the Creative Native. I just used one of these LED light Misters for the fountain fog and light. Nothing special, really. I wish I could find one that only did red and orange light, but alas I went with something like this (which cycles through a bunch of colours):

http://www.amazon.ca/Mokingtop-Fashion-Ultrasonic-Atomizer-Humidifier/dp/B00H1MD3R2/ref=pd_sim_lg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KAJFBR3VGR7YTDKSE2Y

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation