FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-16 06:52 am   Permalink

Damn! That has got to be one of the best home bars ever! Great touches, great features, an all around wonderful design. Amazing.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-16 10:29 pm   Permalink

Definitely a 5-star in my book too. Thanks for the great pictures they are truly inspirational.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-22 8:12 pm   Permalink

Awesome Floor!

View Profile of Polly Send a personal message to Polly  Goto the website of Polly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-24 09:08 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the wonderfully supportive replies! And thanks for posting those great photos Sweet Daddy Tiki. Your camera sure makes it seem brighter than it is, and that makes it fantastic at capturing all the little details with little light.

It's definitely been a labour of love, but it's nice to hear the kudos from all you folks. Especially those of you who have such wonderful tiki rooms yourselves.

And to answer Bongofury's question: yes that PNG lamp was home-made. I'm happy you like it.

Still a few updates to come. I'll make sure to post pix when the spring time allows me to work outside again and carve up my A-frame post for the entrance.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-24 11:17 am   Permalink

You made that lamp? I assume you're talking about this one

You're one talented fella. Would you make me one? (I know you're not very busy )

Yeah, these new-fangled digital cameras have crazy low-light capabilities. Like I said, next time I'll bring a tripod and do some manual exposures - I'd like to make it look a little closer to what the eye sees.

Cheers.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Mitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-30 2:14 pm   Permalink

Absolutely fantastic!! Love the lava rock wall and the palm tree support post and..and..and...
You sir, are an inspiration.
Thank you for sharing.

View Profile of Trader Mitch Send a personal message to Trader Mitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-26 11:32 pm   Permalink

Incredible room Slacks!! Great job!!

At the end of July I'm driving across the country en route to my new home in southern Ontario. I'll be spending two nights in Calgary. Any chance I could have a first hand peek at the fabulous Kanaloa Lounge? We're resurrecting the Huki Lounge in our new rumpus room, and your photo journey has been such great inspiration.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Tw

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-27 04:53 am   Permalink

The Kanaloa Lounge is magnificent! Its features and layout are sheer tiki artistry, something difficult for a mere engineer like myself to independently imagine...

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-27 8:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-26 23:32, Tikiwahine wrote:
Incredible room Slacks!! Great job!!

At the end of July I'm driving across the country en route to my new home in southern Ontario. I'll be spending two nights in Calgary. Any chance I could have a first hand peek at the fabulous Kanaloa Lounge? We're resurrecting the Huki Lounge in our new rumpus room, and your photo journey has been such great inspiration.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Tw

Yeah. It'd be cool to have you here TW. I just hope I'm in town when you are. Shoot me a PM when you get the dates figured out.

Southern Ontario huh? There's no palm trees there...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-30 09:28 am   Permalink

Hey, Sweet Daddy T., you up for a little party crashing down south at the end of July...

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-30 2:06 pm   Permalink

Yeaah. That could prolly work.

ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-03 3:15 pm   Permalink

Off the hook. Nice job on all the details... a real labor of love. Now for that cocktail!

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-03 9:04 pm   Permalink

im at a loss for words!!! other than thats so cool!!! and I hate you!! lol!!! i wish i had 1/100 of your talent!! sadley Im terrible with hand tools!!! wish i could hire you to build me one half as cool!!

You rock!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-04 09:14 am   Permalink

also, could you post what type of paints you used for the floors as well as your lava wall, if you already did sorry I was so busy looking at the great photos and drooling!!! love your work! You are truely a Master Craftsman!!!!

so jelous!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-05 9:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-04 09:14, Pele Paul wrote:
also, could you post what type of paints you used for the floors as well as your lava wall, if you already did sorry I was so busy looking at the great photos and drooling!!! love your work! You are truely a Master Craftsman!!!!

so jelous!!

paul

Hmm, not sure of the brand names of the paint, but i just walked into my local hardware store and asked them about latex paint for cement floors. The lava wall uses plain ol' latex house paint ( i bought it as a mistint)...I hope that helps.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation