FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Eric October's insane tiki art. Update 04.14.13 Page 6. Ceramics, black paper drawings & nuttiness!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Eric October's insane tiki art. Update 04.14.13 Page 6. Ceramics, black paper drawings & nuttiness!
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-13 7:53 pm   Permalink

Amazing work Eric. I especially like your conceptional work and your black paper work.

The concept on this one from the Hunters & Collectors show is outstanding:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=143191895748880&set=a.143103655757704.31146.143084679092935&type=1&theater

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:04 pm   Permalink

Love the Kon-Tiki book mug; great work, Eric!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-22 07:31 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the encouraging words, everybody! I really means a lot to me!

And thanks Sven for the awesome pix of the Kon Tiki Book mug... my head is swimming from the praise!

Finally had a chance to update at the top of page one!

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-22 6:40 pm   Permalink

Aaah, finally we get to see the amazing Tiki Bob "pillar" mug in its street corner diorama! Another one-of-a-kind concept realized!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davidleslie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-24 10:41 am   Permalink

Nice Work!!!!! Wow....lots of inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of davidleslie Send a personal message to davidleslie  Email davidleslie Goto the website of davidleslie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-24 11:22 am   Permalink

I LOVE the birdman bowl. Good stuff all around!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-19 2:16 pm   Permalink

Hey everybody! Thank you for your kind words!

New work posted at the top of page 1! (I'm also planning to eventually update my Other Crafts thread with in-progress shots and describe the work a bit more... soon, I hope!)

Thanks fer lookin'
Yer Pal,
Eric October

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2011-07-19 14:16 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-20 12:40 pm   Permalink

Eric, it is always such a boost to visit your gallery and see the horn-of-plenty of concepts realized, in such a multitude of media, with such knowledge of the genre, but interpreted in so many creative new ways. Puts a big smile on my face every time!

Dig that Tikiyaki cut-out jet! Reminds me of cereal box backs...

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-07-20 12:42 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-20 9:00 pm   Permalink

The Rapa Nui bowl is outrageous - LOVE IT!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 02:21 am   Permalink

Diggin ALL your new work!
Birdman bowls,PNG shotglasses,
and LOVE the background on the Lambrettiki piece
very minimal and perfect for showcasing the incredible scooter scootin Moai!
Keep it up Eric!
Never lose that FIRE!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 05:33 am   Permalink

Nice work Eric! That Scootiki piece was awesome!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 04:59 am   Permalink

After working my way through this thread I am fully convinced that you never EVER sleep. Such tiki awesomeness! So many mediums... it is insane and inspiring. Supercalifragilicexpealidocious work!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-19 12:39 am   Permalink

Another pile of work from the past few months finally posted... I still can't seem to swing even a monthly posting... but with a new year, perhaps I can make some sort of resolution or something...

Oh well... hope you enjoy!

Mahalos fer lookin'!
Yer Pal,
Eric October

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-19 06:45 am   Permalink

Another Swell batch of Wonderous Creations,Eric!
Especially the Bumatay Blowfish Mug !(and all your Krampus pieces!)
You just push it to the limit
and achieve such Incredible Results!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-19 09:47 am   Permalink

Insane maddness Eric!!!
I love the Tonga Fountain Bowl, the Tiki Menorah is hilarious (I'm not sure your Rabbi would approve). I had previously missed the Bumatay/fish connection, Wendy just posted a Bumatay fish too. Your caricatures are spot-on, the glazes on the birdman pendants are great and the PNG Bird mug is very cool.
I know that the Rapa Nui Birdman Bowl No.2 was an older post but I must have missed it - brilliant in it's simplicity
Keep on doing what you do Manuel!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation