Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel nuKKe and G go Barcelona 5-9/2/2010
nuKKe and G go Barcelona 5-9/2/2010
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 04:33 am   Permalink

So we semi-spontaneously booked a weekend deal in Barcelona, our first time in the city.

We checked out Critiki and we'll most definitely check out Kahala and most likely pay a visit to the Aloha and the Kahiki, both within a walking distance from our hotel.
We'd love to buy some Porcelan Pavon mugs and bowls and hit the markets for tiki. Any tips and recommendations in this field?

Thanks,
nuKKe.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 09:23 am   Permalink

have a fun trip,
I'm Jealous.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 1:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jeff.
Well, at least you don't have to get your passport stamped before hitting a tiki bar.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-14 3:36 pm   Permalink

Hello,

I was in Barcelona a year ago, and I hit up all three, Kahala, Aloha, and Kahiki. I guess the only recommendation is don't bother purchasing any of the mugs from the bars themselves. They charge about 30-60 euro each, which is a *significant* markup from the restaurant supply catalog, I'm told. All three bars use the same mugs.

Otherwise, all I can say is enjoy your time in Barcelona and one of my best meals I had there was the shrimp at Bar Central at La Boqueria market off of La Rambla.

Here's a picture from Aloha

[ This Message was edited by: paranoid123 2010-03-14 15:38 ]

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fez monkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 12:15 am   Permalink

Barcelona is great for the tiki bars. It's great for the architecture.

For the love of all that is holy, don't make the mistake of eating anywhere near Las Ramblas (or any other heavily touristed location) unless someone you trust has guided you there. The food there is all for tourists and you'd be better off eating Rice a Roni Spanish rice than the overpriced slop they call paella around there. It also tends to get pretty skeezy at night, but then some folks are into that.

Enjoy.

- fm

View Profile of fez monkey Send a personal message to fez monkey  Email fez monkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-11 9:27 pm   Permalink

BUMP! Update please...

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation