FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Is it a mug or....
Is it a mug or....
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 7:07 pm   Permalink

Ok, I found this a while ago at a small antique store and passed on it. They had 2 of them, one listed as a parrot mug, the other tagged in a differnt handwriting, parrot vase......

yeah so I finaly broke down and bought one.....any ideas anyone on what it might realy be ????

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-04 7:17 pm   Permalink

Looks kinda like the Hawaiian Cottage Parrot mug by OMC... minus the fancy paint and name.. glaze reminds me of something DAGA would do though...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=1796

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2010-03-04 19:58 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 8:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah it reminds me of the regular Omc parrots that we all know and love but with the brown over yellow glaze. There is a address of some kind on the bottom, but it's not clear enough to read any of it. Same size as the OMC peanut mug exactly. hmmmmm. looking at the pic of the OMC, The lines on the mug look to match to. Question is it a copy of the OMC or a orig.??
good Potted Parrot drink mug

[ This Message was edited by: ka'lenatiki 2010-03-04 20:46 ]

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 8:45 pm   Permalink

The glaze looks just like a Fire Hut Mfg. mug I have, made for the Kon-Tiki in Tucson.

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martinisandmore
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-18 5:01 pm   Permalink

Any idea who made this solid yellow parrot mug? It appears to be the same mold from the Hawaiian Cottage parrot and I know OMC made them.I know it is not the newer Dynasty Wholesale do to the crazing on the bottom and the quality of the glaze.
So do you guys think it is the same as above? It was also advertised as a vase but I'm sure it's a mug.
Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: martinisandmore 2014-03-18 19:26 ]

View Profile of martinisandmore Send a personal message to martinisandmore  Goto the website of martinisandmore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-18 5:32 pm   Permalink

Looks kinda like the Hawaiian Cottage Parrot mug by OMC... minus the fancy paint and name.. glaze reminds me of something DAGA would do though...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=1796

Yeah it reminds me of the regular Omc parrots that we all know and love but with the yellow glaze.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-19 3:56 pm   Permalink

Here's a closer look at the vintage OMC Hawaiian Cottage mug for comparison. The vintage mug has a concave bottom that is a full one inch deep. Underglaze marked and stands 7 1/2" tall. The vintage mug is very thin walled and is easily broken. Here are some pics.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2014-03-19 15:59 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-19 15:56, uncle trav wrote:

Things are getting serious when Trav breaks out the ruler!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-19 4:18 pm   Permalink

Yep, seriously bored

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-20 2:27 pm   Permalink

I say 'seriously informative' Uncle Trav!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-20 4:59 pm   Permalink

whether its a mug or not-- looks like you can put your weed in there...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martinisandmore
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-20 10:37 pm   Permalink

Yep no concave bottom , I'll post the bottom pics tomorrow (it has 3 pintle marks and is flat).
Mahalo on the comments.

View Profile of martinisandmore Send a personal message to martinisandmore  Goto the website of martinisandmore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-05 7:00 pm   Permalink

Mine looks like it almost has the name around the bottom line the omc mug but its way bigger. Ended up buying both that the store had.

[ This Message was edited by: ka'lenatiki 2014-04-05 19:02 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation