FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Alice in Blunderland?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Alice in Blunderland?
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-10 11:05 am   Permalink

Yeah I wear glasses too, fortunately no headaches from 3D movies. In addition to your own eyes, the type of 3D can have an affect toward causing eyestrain or not. Maybe you get headaches from the polarized 3D type but not the alternating shutter type? Or vice versa? Etc.

You're right about no 3D technology for the home but that's not going to dictate whether or not I watch a 3D film at a theatre. Sure, yeah, there's been the red/blue type for the home but that's not the type they use in today's films. Fortunately that's about to change. Proper 3D technology is coming to the home market, Summer 2010 actually, if not sooner.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 07:53 am   Permalink

I saw it on Saturday when my daughter came back from school for Spring Break. I would have skipped it if she hadn't been so emphatic about wanting to go see it (since I do not care for Tim Burton's work, at all). Fortunately, this one was the least Burtonesque I have seen, so it wasn't as bad as I had expected it would be. The 3D effects were pretty good and, for me, one of the main reasons that, overall, I liked the film. I wouldn't go see it in a theater a second time, though, and if someone gave me the eventual DVD, I'd immeditately regift it.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation