FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Waikiki Womb
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
The Waikiki Womb
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 08:57 am   Permalink

FANTASTIC !! I hope some day to visit. But what's up with that Zebra head ??

Zebras are not indigenous to Hawaii, but there is one at the Honolulu Zoo.

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/zebra.htm

There, I solved that puzzle for you.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 09:07 am   Permalink

About as polynesian-pop as you can get...only thing is...it keeps gettin' BETTER!!

Bitchin by day and spectacular by night - The Waikiki Womb

Post on Murph!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 09:09 am   Permalink

Fantastic! Looks really amazing. I love all the details.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 3:54 pm   Permalink

Holy smokes! Not sure if I'm more jealous about how good the place turned out or how incredibly fast you work. The best tiki bars pay a lot of attention to the smallest of details and you've really knocked that one out of the ballpark. Well done.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 6:18 pm   Permalink

I just saw glances of the house, is it as cool as I think? Is there a turret? Very cool place.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 8:30 pm   Permalink

Great place Murph!!!
I'm on my way over...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 8:53 pm   Permalink

Murph...
I'm stealing your Chinese umbrella idea....I have like 5 of those and could never figure out what to do with them.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-09 9:32 pm   Permalink

Had an itch to make something last night so I made a cover for the ceiling fan light.
Gives off a cool glow.

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2010-03-09 21:33 ]

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 05:37 am   Permalink

Wowwee. What can one say other than congrats. Obviously years of collecting and hard work to amass such a collection, not to mention the financial ability to build something that extraordinary. Hear that? shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thats me, being blown away!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 09:12 am   Permalink

The pic showing the pool reminds me of where Jack Horner resided in Boogie Nights.

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 10:27 am   Permalink

Hey Murph...It would be great to see some step by steps of what you do. You have great ingenuity when it comes to making tiki stuff.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 10:45 am   Permalink

Hey Murph, You forgot to post a photo of Moai twinkie!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-10 10:57 am   Permalink

Photos do not do the Waikiki Womb justice. You've got to experience it first hand to really appreciate it. Plus, Murph is a great guy and he and his wife are gracious hosts. Great job Murph.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DeTiki

Posted: 2010-03-12 2:23 pm   Permalink

wow! let me say that again WoW! very cool tiki bar the pieces were well chosen and look to be well placed

View Profile of DeTiki Send a personal message to DeTiki  Email DeTiki Goto the website of DeTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-21 1:53 pm   Permalink

I added another lamp.
This one I made out of an empty Kraken Rum bottle.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation