FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » False Idols, Orlando FL starting April 17, 2010
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
False Idols, Orlando FL starting April 17, 2010
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-09 03:56 am   Permalink

Bold Hype Gallery

This tiki-themed show will feature work from Shag, The Pizz, Mr. Hooper, Skot Olsen, Joe Vaux, Tiki Tony, KRK Ryden, Heather Watts, Derek Yaniger, Donella Vitale, Joe Vitale, Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker, Doug Horne, Ken Ruzic, Ken Pleasant, Benzart, Sam Gambino, Thorsten Hasenkamm, Candy, Crazy Al, BigToe, Johannah O’Donnell, N! Satterfield, Wayne Coombs, Robert Connett, Lisa Petrucci, and Scott Scheidly. Curated by Scott Sceidly.

Any artists going to be present for opening night?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMango 2010-03-09 03:59 ]

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

So... no artists are gonna attend?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 01:07 am   Permalink

You missed Basement Kahuna, Bosko and me

I wish I could attend, but I've got Bamboo Ben's just 2 weeks later.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2010-03-11 23:10 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-12 03:59 am   Permalink

Oops, sorry for the oversight there, that's what I get for cutting and pasting.

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-12 10:36 pm   Permalink

Aloha tiki Tribe!

Here's the ad in Juxtapoz...

The original of "The Jungle Witch" is gonna wing it to Orlando for the show!

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrsBenZart
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-14 07:08 am   Permalink

What are the times for the showing - opening night?

View Profile of MrsBenZart Send a personal message to MrsBenZart      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-16 1:02 pm   Permalink

This is gonna be a great show.

I think I'm gonna crash the KailuaGeoff's Honolulu Lounge and then stumble onto the gallery, make an idiot out of myself and ruin someone else's good time.

Pretty much the same thing I do every Saturday.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-16 6:46 pm   Permalink

GO PABLUS!

Make sure and knock that BigToe piece right off the wall!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-16 9:26 pm   Permalink

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-16 10:28 pm   Permalink

Just sent my piece off to sunny Orlando today!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrsBenZart
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-17 04:25 am   Permalink

Again - am I missing the opening hours somewhere? Ben & I have talked about coming up - but we need to know more to make the decision.

[ This Message was edited by: MrsBenZart 2010-03-17 04:26 ]

View Profile of MrsBenZart Send a personal message to MrsBenZart      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 10:36 am   Permalink

I corresponded with the gallery owner and I believe that he said the hours were 8-midnight. I will have to root through my email and verify those times for you. He said they were going to have food, music and a tiki bar. I'll post the complete message when I find it.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 11:15 am   Permalink

Got my two pieces framed and ready to
get the hanging stuff on the back
and to send it off....

i think the Toe just has a sketch so far....
wotta slowpoke!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 4:31 pm   Permalink

From the gallery owner:

It's going to be a really fun night, with a tiki bar, music, food, and tons of tiki art. Scott Scheidly will have a new limited edition tiki mug, which will be for sale, and one lucky winner will receive it free, by wearing hawaiian shirt/dress you are automatically entered into the raffle. Opening night, Saturday April 17th, will go from 8 to midnight. The artwork will be up for a month after that. There is no fee to get in at any point.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 9:38 pm   Permalink

The Hukilau is proud to sponsor this amazing show at Bold Hype. We have some great fun planned for you with one of the greatest dancers from the Mai-Kai attending bringing you 2 traditional performances from the South Seas - of course this will be opening night 4/17/10.

I'm so excited to attend and support this incredible effort! Great job Flounder!

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2010-03-18 21:39 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation