FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag Mondo Mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Shag Mondo Mugs
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 10:47 pm   Permalink

MauiTiki wrote:
I ordered as fast as humanly possible. I even copy and pasted the Credit card number so it would be faster.

Ha ha, me too. However, I think I slipped up by not entering "USA" for country. I, mistakenly, figured CA designated for "state"
would imply US of A. Now I see the error of my ways. Those mugs may have been mis-routed to San Francisco, CA, Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

I am just not computer literate...enough. But, if I DO get them mugs, those peckerwoods in Pyongyang ARE NOT getting their hands on my Shag mugs. Nuh uh, not again Oh Great Leader. Unless, of course, they pay up. And this time no Won, I want American, greenbacks.

Phew, little flashback there, United Nations Police Action, outside of Wonju, circa 1951. Nasty business that, but I served my country, did what I thought was right. They can't take that away from me. Oh, they took a good portion of my cranium, but some damn fine USN docs and 53 grams of titanium plating later, I am ship-shape.

Yes sir, right as rain, as they say.

midnite's Tiki Craptacular

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 11:01 pm   Permalink

I can't believe that I came home to my wife leading around a contractor, telling me how great a new loft is going to look. From there she led me around the block to show me references of this contractors fine work. Meanwhile Shag mugs are going like hotcakes! I probably would have screwed it up anyway if it had to order within two minutes, I'm not synchronized to the atomic clock. The good news for me is that during our trip around the block we saw a house that had their dining room that was open sealed off down to two french doors. My wife liked the idea and told me that maybe I should set a little Tiki Habitat for mysef! She told me that I could get a bar to go along with my killer vintage rattan collection. I'm starting to think of what I could do with a spending spree at Oceanic Arts! I missed the mugs, but I may get bar.

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 11:36 pm   Permalink

kreaky.......build the bar, and the mugs shall come!!!.....or something like that...LOL!!....

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 11:49 pm   Permalink

i feel like a kid on xmas eve night... waiting for the mug email confirmation from santa, oh, i mean tiki farm

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 03:36 am   Permalink

i tried getting the Shag mugs too and was done with my transaction by 6:03 which seemed promising, but only time will tell.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 09:18 am   Permalink

Yeah, I got through the process as quick as my little fingers could type, I just hope I didn't screw up like I usually do on all those sobriety test the cops give me. Actually they seemed easier...

still awaiting some confirmation...

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 5:14 pm   Permalink

Well, I finished the process, but didn't get a set. Anyone else get one?

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-11-21 12:54 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 5:54 pm   Permalink

Well I just got my confirmation email.... and it has been confirmed!

That I didn't get through in time

I thought for sure I got in there... but oh well, it'll be my reason to drink heavily tonight... a man's got to have his reasons!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 6:48 pm   Permalink

Made it in time! Thanks Tiki Farm!

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 9:37 pm   Permalink

i was so excited to see the email from Holden... just to find out that i was among the ones who did NOT recieve a Mondo mug... aw shucks what can you do but have a drink for those who did get a mug (or two)

[ This Message was edited by: tiki junkman on 2003-05-06 21:39 ]

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 11:33 pm   Permalink

My order went through fine on the night of the sale without a hitch, including credit card info. However, I have not heard back from Tiki Farm yet. The suspense is killing me as I want these mugs in the worst way! It's now way past the 24 hour time frame after the sale in which I thought I would be contacted to let me know the results. Holden, what does that mean...have some people not been contacted yet? Any one else here in the same situation? Oh well, my fingers are still crossed...

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 3:12 pm   Permalink

I have not heard anything yet, maybe I typed in my e-mail address wrong, who knows, I was in such a hurry.

Hopefully no news is good news.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-05-08 06:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-06 17:50, Sneakytiki wrote:
the thrill of finding them myself and paying .50 to $2.00 for them outweigh anything I'd get from some new Shag mugs.

Yup there's nothing finer than a 50p tiki mug, but if you were to add the time and travel cost onto that the mug cost, plus the cost of other tat you bought while you were thrifting, and the cost of records you bought coz your up town anyway and then multiply it by the numbers of days you don't find a mug at all
I think for every 1 tiki mug i find i spend at least 100 on consumer items.
Thats why I spent my money on the SHAG mugs.

By the way I was acording to holden the last person to email before the cut off.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 09:42 am   Permalink

By the way I was acording to holden the last person to email before the cut off.

Good for you! Congrats.

Appears I was one of the lucky "X" and scored a pair as well. Time to trade now, shall not be keeping both.

Cheap Tiki mugs here

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation