FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag Mondo Mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Shag Mondo Mugs
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 09:51 am   Permalink

i got my confirmation email and my first reaction was to laugh maniacally.
then i realized i had just spent $100 on two mugs. but that's ok, they're really cool, and it kinda makes up for not getting the mark ryden quadratum portfolio before it sold out, which i'm still bitter about.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 11:26 am   Permalink

Just as I was trying to figure out how to justify spending a ridiculous amount on eBay to get these suckers...I find out I got a set from TF after all. Apparently I never heard back from them because there was a typo in my email address on the order form. Understandable since I was typing so fast the keyboard was about to catch fire...Thanks Tiki Farm!

Modmana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 9:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-07 15:12, MauiTiki wrote:
I have not heard anything yet, maybe I typed in my e-mail address wrong, who knows, I was in such a hurry.

Hopefully no news is good news.

Just got a call, No news was good news. I was order #27, and the mugs ship tomorrow!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 4:41 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone has received their Mondo mugs yet or have any idea when they'll be shipped? I can't wait to see the mugs! They look so great I won't want to open the boxes. haa

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic on 2003-06-13 00:31 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 9:57 pm   Permalink

I got mine yesterday and they were actually signed to me from Shag!!! What up with that? Holden??? I love you too! Hanx Bro!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 11:23 pm   Permalink

Sweetness! They're actually signed to you with your name or?? That's awesome! I be on the look out Monday for them.....Tiki Farm rocks!!

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 1:37 pm   Permalink

He actually wrote in pen on your new mug?! If you use a little paint thinner, the ink should come right off and they'll be as good as new!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 1:43 pm   Permalink

The mondo mugs are all shipped-out and depending upon where you live, you should be receiving them early/later this week!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 4:49 pm   Permalink

Comb your foam, gang.............it's just mugs.....

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 9:31 pm   Permalink

I just go mine, they are much larger than I expected. No wonder they have two straws.

Are we suposed to save the box with the number? I think I'll cut off the sticker and just save that.

I guess I won't be drinking out of these... Might wash of the Shag signature by mistake.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 03:21 am   Permalink

I was out in the yard planting a rather large pink-blossomed rhodie when a big truck pulled up into the driveway. Off jumped a UPS driver (clad in shorts--we mustn't forget that!) with a package for moi. My Shag mugs had finallly arrived!! woohooooo! They are MONDO in size! I've never seen a Shag mug in person...I love them! (Well, I love this particular design anyways.) Thanks, Tiki Farm!!

I have Shecky on the way too, and can't wait for my own personal TC mascot to arrive. Thanks for putting that banner up, Hanford--it enabled me to be able to get one of the last of the Sheckys.

I can see how collecting Tiki Mugs could become an addiction, or in the case of Shag Mugs, a guilty pleasure. <biggrin>

pssssttttt, MauiTiki ... you could always flatten the MondoTiki boxes and store them that way...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:23 am   Permalink

my mondo mugs arrived this morning delivered by a shorts clad UPS guy, here being scotland his wee pale legs looked a funny sight, and before the man would hand me my mugs i had to pay him 30 in customs money, i recoiled in horror and began to argue, but the cheeky UPS man started spinning the box n his hands, menaced into paying tax on my mugs, Bah!

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:26 am   Permalink

When I opened mine, as anxious as a 7 yr old girl getting her first barbie, I was disappointed to find that part of the Shag signature had been wiped off. Haven't they heard of permanent markers!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 10:22 am   Permalink

I received mine earlier this week but haven't had the luxury yet of opening them up. I do see the edition numbers on the outside of the box and they're 10 off from each other. It would've been awesome to have a matching number set but then that would cause Holden to go crazy! I'm thrilled enough that I was able to get this neat set since I wasn't able to make it to Vegas this year and pick one of these babies up. Thanks Tiki Farm!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 10:37 pm   Permalink

......and the box makes a great cd holder for the truck! (is that sticker worth anything yet on e-bay???)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation