[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Exotic Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Exotic Island
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-12 4:38 pm   Permalink

Holy nuts! Just found this thread, the parties you could throw there!!

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-16 10:32 pm   Permalink

CRAP...a Tiki Craps table...that is awesome. The tiles look fantastic.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
doll

Posted: 2010-10-19 12:50 am   Permalink

I would make it as aself-sufficient as possible (solar power, carefully planted zone-appropriate food plants and sustainable soil if possible, possibly a fish hatchery and a place for seabirds to nest), and any building I did would be hurricane resistant (stone fortress type of building buried halfway in the sand) and have a place to store a boat so that it could dock in bad weather. In fact, such a "boat garage" might be useful for my personal submarine. Also, at least part of the house would be accessible only by diving into the water and coming up somewhere else, or by taking an elevator maybe to somewhere on the sea floor.

================

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Spam links removed. - 2010-10-19 06:14 ]

View Profile of doll Send a personal message to doll      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 08:06 am   Permalink

Now I know exactly where my cabby is dropping me off - if I ever get to Amesbury, Mass - EXOTIC ISLAND!!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm at a loss for words but you know what I mean.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-22 7:56 pm   Permalink

INCREDIBLE!!!!!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 7:53 pm   Permalink

Amazing! It IS really a film set! Is that balcony level yours to use, and are there stairs? If so, I'd say put some little tables up there. If you hang some thin sheets or thatch from the top corners of the walls, it could look A-OK from above, too.

If not, another possibility is a rain storm. Put big sheets of plexi or lexan over one zone, say, the bar, overlapped and caulked together at all seams, and with a lip around the edge, also caulked. This should have a gentle tilt to one corner and should drain into a pipe leading to a large bucket for the pump, which doesn't need to be on the floor; behind a wall on a shelf just below plastic sheet level is even better. A 'wall' about a foot high made of metal or plastic window screening, stood up at edge of the plastic sheet all the way around, will catch splashes. The 'ceiling' about three feet above the plastic would be plywood covered with a navy blue sheet and lit by dark blue uplights; rub a zigzag of clear plastic hose over this and drill little holes. It'd be a long shot, but might be fun for your extremely theatrical setting.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lovelybunchofcoconuts

Posted: 2010-11-11 06:32 am   Permalink

Wow! I am impressed!

Lovelybunchofcoconuts

View Profile of Lovelybunchofcoconuts Send a personal message to Lovelybunchofcoconuts      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-11 07:20 am   Permalink

This Friday night as kick-off to the North East Tiki Tour, we'll be there!!!!

Can't wait! As beautiful as those photos are, you really have to be there to believe it!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-11 07:24 am   Permalink

Man Jon you have a fine space going ! Too bad my babe is in Montreal this weekend she'll miss it. See ya soon brother and I'll see if I can find some 16 mm films to bring along.

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-16 10:50 am   Permalink

few more details to add to the gallery!
The sign out front (recognize it?) I like the way it complements the warehouse vibe

A view towards the front entrance

You now enter through the wrecked fuselage of a Pan Am Clipper of the South Seas
(still have to finish curtains and many details including rocky terrain tostep out onto!)

Stage view (9the Wave performing live)

More to come very soon!!! a previously unseen corner!

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2010-11-16 10:54 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-16 5:21 pm   Permalink

Wow, Jon! The place is even more amazing than when I visited in the Spring. I hope I get the chance to come back soon.
Mahalo,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-17 4:19 pm   Permalink

Pan Am Clipper! Too cool!

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-18 12:33 am   Permalink

Post some close ups of the clipper... that thing looks rad!

View Profile of Suicide Tiki Send a personal message to Suicide Tiki  Email Suicide Tiki Goto the website of Suicide Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-18 04:07 am   Permalink

Wow, this is very impressive !

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation