FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Nui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Nui
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 2:08 pm   Permalink

awesome room! great progression and love the table with all the cards.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 2:43 pm   Permalink

See what happens? You hang a Big Toe and the entire place transforms I'm jealous, sweet pad, you gotta open it to the public.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 5:57 pm   Permalink

Congrats TikiVato! You've a fine collection!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-21 11:47 am   Permalink

Nice job...love what you did to the fridge...may give that a swirl in my lounge one day. Great transformation!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-21 8:52 pm   Permalink

Now that's a transformation! Sports bar to tiki hideaway - great job so far! That couch is going to look killer in your lounge.

Thanks for the tip on the rattan refinishing - it really brought it back to life!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 2:53 pm   Permalink

Wow! Great to see the transformation and all the work you've done.

Any shots with mood lighting?

Great work! Love the fridge!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:57 pm   Permalink

I am working on the lighting but not sure what direction to go. Open to any suggestions. I've been looking for some pub tables but all were out of my price range for now. Yesterday I was in the back yard when I heard a voice whisper, "PSSS I can save you money" I turned and saw this guy pictured below.

I went to the thrift store that day and picked up this table which had a 30" diameter. Perfect size for what I wanted. I cut the legs and refurnished the top this morning.

I put my pal on the table and gave him a little make over.

I am still looking for some old tables to use on the bottom for more stability.

I put a Bamboo strip around the bottom of the table and this is one of my new pub tables. I still have to give it a few coats of polyurethane before it enters the Tiki Nui. I have his twin brother in my back yard begging to be sacrificed for the sake of the Tiki Nui. I picked these rascals up at a garage sale in Sunset beach last year. I actually picked up ten Tiki poles at the same sale.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2010-03-26 18:01 ]

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 8:04 pm   Permalink

I put my first pub table in the Tiki Nui. It's not done but I had to see what it would look like. His twin brother will be in next week, hopefully. I am a rookie Tikiphile (two years) but I am motivated by all the kind words of encouragement from all you veteranos out there.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 7:58 pm   Permalink

I found some lights at the thrift store today that I could use as highlights. The problem was they were white so I went to Oceanic Arts to find something I could use to cover them. I was thinking Bamboo.

I couldn't find Bamboo with the right size diameter so I walked around the shop. I found this tapa design material and took it home and tried it on the lights.

I put the first one on my Doug Horne tiki. Not sure where the others will go yet. I know, I know the white ceiling fan is going out.

Since I was in the mood, I decided to hang one of my industrial lights that I got at a yard sale last month. One WHITE ceiling fan out, one to go.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2010-04-23 20:17 ]

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 10:18 pm   Permalink

Wow! Love what you did with those white lights and the tapa material! Simple and ingenious! Great idea for the table too!

Did you find a place for the Stockton Islander bamboo yet?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 10:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-23 22:18, tobunga wrote:
Wow! Love what you did with those white lights and the tapa material! Simple and ingenious! Great idea for the table too!

Did you find a place for the Stockton Islander bamboo yet?

Thanks for the kind words Eric. Means a lot coming from an artist such as yourself. I think I'm going to redo one of the panels to highlight that precious piece of bamboo you sent my way. I will post a pic when I do.

What time tomorrow is your drawing? I have a special place reserved in my room for it.

TikiVato

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 10:09 pm   Permalink

Last night I had a tiki vision while sleeping. To recess one panel and put my Doug Horne Tiki in it. First thing this morning, I moved the shelf to the panel next to it. Then I removed the paneling and drywall.

I found this wooden frame at the thrift and took the wire brush to it then lightly stained it.

I found the material at the Thrift store and used it for the background. I went to Oceanic Arts and bought some Tonga matting to replace the burlap on this panel. My wife and I got a special treat when we saw Leroy. He treated us to a few of his stories of yesteryear. We never get tired of hearing new stories from him.

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-01 07:03 am   Permalink

Love the transformation.

For mood lighting, you can purchase small LED spotlights that work great for highlighting things and are easily hidden. They are commonly used in halloween decorations and are low wattage and voltage. Just a thought.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-01 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-01 07:03, littlegiles wrote:
Love the transformation.

For mood lighting, you can purchase small LED spotlights that work great for highlighting things and are easily hidden. They are commonly used in halloween decorations and are low wattage and voltage. Just a thought.

Thanks, I was trying to find something as you descried. I will look for them and post a picture when I light em up. Thanks for the help.

RedPatti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-01 09:08 am   Permalink

You really scored with that sofa. Love the print on the cushions. What is your favorite "song" on your jukebox that is sooooo RAD!

View Profile of RedPatti Send a personal message to RedPatti  Email RedPatti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation