FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Nui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Nui
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-01 2:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-01 09:08, RedPatti wrote:
You really scored with that sofa. Love the print on the cushions. What is your favorite "song" on your jukebox that is sooooo RAD!

Thank you Red. Favorite song: Over the rainbow by the late IZ.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-20 01:19 am   Permalink

Great room! Nice meeting you at Frankies. ZAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 02:46 am   Permalink

TikiVato,
I found some very cool LED lighting kits at Ikea, I mounted a set on one of my mug shelves
to provide mood lighting, I was really happy with how they came out, the lights are programmable
and shift color, they pretty much can be used for anything, just an idea?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 4:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-20 01:19, mrsmiley wrote:
Great room! Nice meeting you at Frankies. ZAZZ!

The pleasure was mine. Wish our group had more time to mingle with your nice group. That was our third consecutive night there and we were leaving first think the next morning.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 4:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-20 02:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
TikiVato,
I found some very cool LED lighting kits at Ikea, I mounted a set on one of my mug shelves
to provide mood lighting, I was really happy with how they came out, the lights are programmable
and shift color, they pretty much can be used for anything, just an idea?

I will check them out. I like what you did to your shelves. Nice collection. Mahalo for sharing.

TikiVato

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 3:13 pm   Permalink

I've wanted a rounded front bar since I started building my home bar. The vintage ones were out of my price range so I finally decided to build my own. I found a rounded front bar in Craigslist. It was perfect for what I wanted to do.

I cut the Tapa and draped it over the bar then applied two coats of varnish. (Two days to allow for drying time.

Today I cut black bamboo and hung the centerpiece which I purchased from Oceanic Arts. I added the lights under the bar counter top. Tomorrow I will move the bar into the Tiki Nui. I am going to redo the counter top as soon as I decide which direction to go with that.

Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 6:10 pm   Permalink

The bar really turned out nicely. Great work.

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 7:14 pm   Permalink

The bar turned out sweet!

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:11 pm   Permalink

I bought this Ethan Allen hutch from a thrift store the same day I bought the new bar.

I added a few touches to it to make it match the bar.

Bar and Hutch in the Tiki Nui.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:46 pm   Permalink

Tiki Vato,

Really nice work on the recycled bar and hutch. What did you do with the top of the bar?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 9:23 pm   Permalink

I found this old cabinet at a local vintage shop. It was in rough shape.

I used some sea grass, bamboo, bamboo handles and home depot lights to spruce it up. I needed the cabinet to display some mugs I got at Tiki Oasis. Last week I traded with Fez Monkey for that Tiki Bob. I ended up moving things around on that wall.

TikiVato

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-21 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hiltiki,
Here's a picture of the lighting you asked about. I hope this helps.

TikiVato

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 9:08 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-21 8:06 pm   Permalink

Last month my wife asked me to expand my Tiki Nui Lounge into "HER" Patio. I jumped at the opportunity before she changed her mind. Here are some before pictures:

First on the agenda was to paint the trim, cover up the White ceiling, the skylight and do something with the lights.

I also wanted to tear down the white picket fence and replace it with a long tiled bar. I will replace all the planted fence covering with bamboo and built a little tiki shack to protect the bartenders when crafting cocktails outdoors.

I tore down the fence, painted the trim on the patio and started to add to the ceiling from materials I bought at Oceanic Arts. I love the crew that works there. Always willing to offer advice when asked.

I finished the ceiling for now then framed the long bar.

Later I will add the pictures of the tiled bar, the bamboo fencing and the shack.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2011-07-21 20:24 ]

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-21 10:24 pm   Permalink

I completed the tiled bar, put up the reed fencing, added a lighted ceiling fan to the ceiling.

In less than a days work, my wife and I put the shack together from materials I purchased from Oceanic Arts.

My wife still needs to decorate the wall but the tiki shack is structurally completed.

TikiVato

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation