FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Nui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Nui
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-21 10:35 pm   Permalink

Isn't it great to have your own Tiki place to hang after a hard days work.
Nice TikiVato, keep up the great work.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 07:27 am   Permalink

You are a master of re-purposing furniture - I'm in awe.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Mitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-22 10:40 am   Permalink

I just discovered your bar today. What an awesome transformation! Love your curved bar. Did you make the tapa for it? It's perfect.

View Profile of Trader Mitch Send a personal message to Trader Mitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 1:33 pm   Permalink

Awesome work.

Question - Did you leave the bar top all marked up like that, or did you refinish it somehow. Just curious.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 3:21 pm   Permalink

Chuck Tatum, I am retired so when I am not out hunting tiki, my wife and I like hanging out in our little get-a-way. Thanks for the encouragement.

Tiki Zen, Thanks, I try to recycle when possible.

Trader Mitch, I bought the tapa at a Tongan festivity.

Arriano, I put some matting on it. I will tile it someday. Thanks for reminding me.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sur2baja
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-22 8:11 pm   Permalink

Love that bar!

View Profile of sur2baja Send a personal message to sur2baja      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-22 8:44 pm   Permalink

Nice job on the bar...keep up the great work!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 11:33 pm   Permalink

I just got back from a week down in Baja. At a local pottery, I found a tiki head made of red clay. Fits right into my wife's patio. Slowly finding more decorations for her.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 06:52 am   Permalink

Love it! For a novice, you're doing great! Coulda fooled me if I'd walked into your bar.

Me, I'd leave the carved-up bar top exposed. Call it history. Gives the impression that the bar is old. It's mock wear-and-tear, just make up tales of the colorful people who visited your tiki bar back in the 50s and left their mark.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-30 07:51 am   Permalink

Love all the things you've done, they all look great. I'd love to hang out with you there, I'll bring some rum.

Mahalo!

Chris
WestADad

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:01 am   Permalink

I'll give it some thought about leaving the bar top as is.

West, when in town, give me holler, my brother and I craft a mean Trader Vic recipe Mai Tai.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:30 am   Permalink

Hey TikiVato!
The Tiki Nui is looking AWESOME!
Great work!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-30 2:08 pm   Permalink

Those look delicious!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gold zephyr
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-01 3:55 pm   Permalink

Orale tiki vato, working hard and hardly working at same time! Will have to look you up next time I'm at OA!

Oscar

View Profile of gold zephyr Send a personal message to gold zephyr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-20 09:21 am   Permalink

I just came across a deal on large bamboo and some thatch. I decided to try to build an A-frame to the side entrance to the Tiki Nui. Without any experience or plans, my buddy and I put together the frame from images I remember from A-Frames I've seen here in tiki central.

We starting attaching the thatch from the bottom up.

Took some evening shots. Lighting is from green patio light and red LED lights I attached to top of float.

Here's one with only red LEDs

I have to rope all the joints and a few other finishing touches.

TikiVato

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation