FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Nui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Nui
VampiressRN

Posted: 2012-07-20 10:20 am   Permalink

Looking great...your door framing project is fabulous. Cheers

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-21 12:05 am   Permalink

I decided to give Tiki Bob a face lift since he will be standing guard at the side entrance.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moki and duke
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-23 2:10 pm   Permalink

What a great sofa!!!

View Profile of moki and duke Send a personal message to moki and duke  Email moki and duke Goto the website of moki and duke     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gold zephyr
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-01 9:25 pm   Permalink

Orale...nice tiki jungle

View Profile of gold zephyr Send a personal message to gold zephyr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-08 08:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-07-20 09:21, TikiVato wrote:
Took some evening shots. Lighting is from green patio light and red LED lights I attached to top of float.

Here's one with only red LEDs

Do you have a link to the LEDs you used?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-09 6:59 pm   Permalink

Looking sweet!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 7:39 pm   Permalink

Jim,
I bought the LED's from a friend who purchased them from an online police surplus site. He doesn't have any more. I may have to try EBay and compare their quality. Maybe someone else may suggest a site.

Lori, thanks for kind words.

I am trying my hand at some router work on trim. I bought a stack of wood from Home Depot for a buck a piece. Not going very well. I think I am going to buy a smaller V router bit. Hopefully that will give me a little more control. Any suggestions from anyone?

TikiVato

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 8:10 pm   Permalink

Not a bad start Joe! It just takes a bit of practice. Try bringing the router bit up so that it cuts more shallow. That might give you a little more control since the router will be easier to push.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 01:30 am   Permalink

I think that looks fine Joe. Once it's burned and stained it'll look even better.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-17 7:15 pm   Permalink

I've not tried to do any router work yet, but I think what you've done looks great!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-17 8:00 pm   Permalink

Just remember some of the techniques we discussed at the Crawl and Im sure you will be happier with the results.

What you have done looks fine but for even more control slow down the speed on your router speed a little bit and take your time when moving it through the wood.

I shouldnt take much effort at all to push and pull the router. Rest your arms on your work if you can and it will help you keep the router steady.

Make sure its clamped down well and only use your lines as a guide. In the end the router bit will pick its own path and you just need to be ok with that.

If you are working with narrow pieces of wood then be sure to place other pieces of wood beside it (the same thickness) so it wont rock and tilt as you route near the edges of your main piece (clamp the side parts as well to keep them from moving).

Try to make certain that the table you are routing on is super solid and you wont have to worry about the router moving the table or saw horses around.

It was nice meeting you and hope to see you soon.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-17 10:46 pm   Permalink

Scot, thanks for the kind words but those are just practice runs with home depot opps wood I purchased for a buck a piece. Adrian and Derek have given me some pointers that I will apply as my wife buys me a plunge router with variable speed and some new router bits. (Sometime this week)

Derek, I wrote down some notes on the tips you gave me right after the crawl. I can't wait to try them.

TikiVato

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 9:37 pm   Permalink

My wife told me she would like a patio in front of the Tiki Nui to compliment her patio. My good friend Tony, helped me with this task. We took down the gazebo then cleaned up the wood to put in the brackets for the rafters.

We set the post brackets in concrete and then sold my Sago. We will be concreting most of that area to expand the patio.

I routered the posts that will support my beam.

I decided to paint the flowers on my beam once it was up.

Put up the rafters.

Putting up the roofing material was a chore.

Ripped the windows out of the Tiki Nui.

My grandson helped me install the window trim.

Exterior night shot.

Interior night shot.

I found this bar over the weekend and decided to give it a makeover and put it in our new patio.

TikiVato

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2012-11-05 21:42 ]

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 9:47 pm   Permalink

Fun progress pictures, great job.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-06 5:32 pm   Permalink

Have thoroughly enjoyed your Tiki transformation over the last
couple years TikiVato. The re-birthing of the various cabinets
etc. are remarkable and the new lanai is terrific, great to see
the young fellas lending a hand.

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation