FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Nui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Nui
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 7:17 pm   Permalink

Round n round ya go

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-09 12:35 am   Permalink

Supercool find little brother!might even improve your card playing skills on Friday nights. I may have to start wearing my lucky shirt again.
Congrats,

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-11 7:15 pm   Permalink

I went to downtown Los Angeles today to watch my grandson run a cross country race. After the race I went to a thrift store hoping to find a table for my new found booth. I got lucky and found this older West Coast Industries table. They have been in business for over 70 years and make quality restaurant products.

I used some Howard's furniture restorer and it cleaned up nicely. It is heavy and weighs over 50 pounds.

After putting it into the booth, I got motivated and decided to put up one side of the booth.

I didn't finish that side due to darkness but hopefully get back to it in a few days.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 12:45 pm   Permalink

That is a beautiful booth!

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 5:28 pm   Permalink

Everything looks great, nice work.

I would be happy if I could route half as good as you. After reading this thread I realize I probably need a new bit and not go as deep, the grain was moving me all over the place.

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 7:29 pm   Permalink

Lookin good
Any recent party pics?

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 8:22 pm   Permalink

I finally got around to having my carpet removed and replacing it with Bamboo Flooring. Besides the carpet I had to remove a wooden platform that was when I bought the home fourteen years ago.

I had over 600 mugs to carefully remove and place in the patio. Also had to place all the furniture in the patio. What a mess but it allows me to sort through what I really want to place back inside. I am also going to sort through my mug collection and get rid of some triples and lots of mugs from Trader Dick's in Reno.

I will post more pictures once I start putting the mugs back into the Tiki Nui.

Our dog loves the remodel.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 8:48 pm   Permalink

Let the dancing begin!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 9:06 pm   Permalink

That took some work, well you can always sell your mugs at the marketplace like I did
I think you used the same Bamboo flooring I put in my home.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-17 11:13 pm   Permalink

Wow
Looks amazing bruddah...

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-22 12:17 am   Permalink

I see the bar is in a different spot to where i saw it last and i also do not see a wet bar installed anywhere. It is looking great though my friend.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-22 07:25 am   Permalink

Great to see the evolution. Nicely done so far.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-22 08:45 am   Permalink

Looking very cool & classy!

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-22 08:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-22 00:17, swizzle wrote:
I see the bar is in a different spot to where i saw it last and i also do not see a wet bar installed anywhere. It is looking great though my friend.

After moving the bar around the room we decided to put it where you first suggested. I just couldn't afford to put in a wet bar over a concrete slab.
Thanks Derek.
Thanks Pops. We will have to have you and your wife over to our next gathering.

muskrat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-22 2:18 pm   Permalink

[/quote]After moving the bar around the room we decided to put it where you first suggested. I just couldn't afford to put in a wet bar over a concrete slab.
[/quote]

i found myself with the same issue. if you have the space, what i did was use a rv water pump hooked up to a small 12 volt battery with two 6 gallon water cans, one with fresh water going to the pump, the other for grey water coming from the sink drain.
i got the pump, sink and trap from a used rv parts distributor, cans from rei, hoses and fittings from the local hdw store and the faucet from ebay (china).
the battery is one i use on my bike to power a small stereo and lights but you can pick them up at most hardware stores as well.
all in i've got less than $150 in it and it works great.

the grey water tank has yellow and black warning tape on it so you don't mix them up, also the openings are different sizes.

the battery is wired permanently now with a battery tender plugged into it to keep it charged (this isn't needed but its nice and i had a tender that i used for that battery already

there ya go...water without plumbing.

i doubt you could go through the tanks in on evening but i suggest filling your fresh tank with 1 gallons less than your grey water tank can hold for any extra fluid getting poured down the drain.

View Profile of muskrat Send a personal message to muskrat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation