FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events new and improved with a bar crawl afterward! kingstiedye vintage and modern garage sale sat. 3/20/10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
new and improved with a bar crawl afterward! kingstiedye vintage and modern garage sale sat. 3/20/10
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 4:20 pm   Permalink

relax girl! they're making up their own crawl for after they hit the sale. i think that's awesome! i have no idea what shady lady and ellas are, but they must have good drinks if rum runner is itching to go there.
perry, i am also clueless about big lots tikis!?! so, i guess i won't be selling any.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2010-03-17 6:06 pm   Permalink

I've been to the Shady Lady Bar twice, very good
Have not been to Ella's or 10 on Twenty
What would be the best order to hit these 3 places ?
Locals chime in now

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 7:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-17 18:06, Rum Runner wrote:
I've been to the Shady Lady Bar twice, very good
Have not been to Ella's or 10 on Twenty
What would be the best order to hit these 3 places ?
Locals chime in now

Lounge on 20. It's excellent.

Ella and Lounge on 20 are probably walkable. Shady Lady is a short drive. I'd say Shady Lady, then Lounge on 20, then Ella. Lounge has music so it may be loud. Ella will allow more conversation late into the evening.

On the other hand, Shady Lady can be loud but has lots of space...

B should chime in on this.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 11:18 am   Permalink

Wendy, relax. We are doing a few bars AFTER Bullet's sale. You all are welcome to join us. I'm looking forward to visiting with Bullet. Been too long.

Since Ella's is a restaurant first and foremost, the bar closes earlier than the other 2 we are stopping at. Hence, I'd recommend hitting that place first or second. If you are up for a moderate amount of walking. Ella's, then Lounge On20, then Shady Lady with a walk back to your vehicle would be a nice triangle. Also progressing from least to most boisterous. It's 8 blocks, or about 3/4 of a mile between Ella's and Lounge On20. It's 12 blocks, or a little less than 1 mile between Lounge On20 and Shady Lady. It's 10 blocks, or a little less than 1 mile between Shady Lady and Ella's. There's food at all 3 stops. Ella's is one of the best restaurants in town and has prices to match. Lounge On20 has fancy small plates. Shady Lady has some good food, but the food next door at Magpie Catering and Cafe is spectacular and not badly priced. Whatever you do, don't wander down the street from Shady Lady to R15 -- it's sports bar with bad liquor, though the attached restaurant is yummy.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-18 5:42 pm   Permalink

Can't relax Brenda there's work to do. We have been hauling boxes of tikis from Bullet's to our home. Here's a load that we brought home yesterday.

Please bring your own bubble wrap and boxes. We are reclaiming what we loaned Bullet to get his treasures here. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-19 08:35 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2010-03-18 8:38 pm   Permalink

Ok, since I've been to Shady Lady

1 Ella 1131 K St @ 11th 5:30-7:30

2 Lounge on 20 1050 20th @ K 7:30 - 8:30

3 Shady Lady 1409 R St 8:30 - 9:30

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-19 10:54 am   Permalink

This sale is a go, I'll post photos later today. We have been unpacking boxes for three hours. It's a great mix of old new and limited editions. Bullets coming to price every item later today. See you tomorrow at noon, Wendy

ps to be fair if you arrive early you may have an indoors tiki tour but the sale is for everyone at noon

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-19 7:04 pm   Permalink

The garage sale is on. See our ad on Marketplace for photos of the loaded tables. It should be a lot of fun. See you soon, Wendy

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 7:19 pm   Permalink

everything is ready to go and priced to sell. don't leave your wallets at home. come snap up a few bargains and join rum runner and the rest of the ohana for a few tasty drinks.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-19 8:11 pm   Permalink

Bullet is refering to the crawl afterwards all we are providing to drink at the sale is bottled water. Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-20 08:35 am   Permalink

See you all soon, Bullet, Sandy, Wendy, Dan

stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-20 09:07 am   Permalink

Laura and I will be there and are looking forward to seeing everyone again...

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-20 7:45 pm   Permalink

Check out the photos of the sale and tour on Marketplace.

WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-20 9:50 pm   Permalink

Dan and Wendy, thank you so much for hosting this fun event. Don't consider myself a mug collector but did score a cute sea horse "Gecko" mug. Thank you Bullet for parting with some of your treasures!

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation