FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls are finalists! In the Kearth 101 (UPDATED WITH NEW NEW PHOTOS)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Hula Girls are finalists! In the Kearth 101 (UPDATED WITH NEW NEW PHOTOS)
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 10:49 am   Permalink

Spike, Mick, Bong...congratz !!!!

Bring tiki to the masses ! How many more versions of Mustang Sally do we need to hear anyway ?

Awesome !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 11:03 am   Permalink

Thank you kind sir!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 5:06 pm   Permalink

Actually, Mick, the passports didn't even place! We thought they were our main competition.... Nope... Anyway, second went to an all Asian rock band that showed up at the last minute. They were really good...and really commercial. Anyway, good times...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jim and everyone!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 3:54 pm   Permalink

We just got word... Even though The Hula Girls got third this weekend in the KEarth 101 'show us your Kahuna' contest at Knott's, they still want us to play their festival at Irvine Meadows. So we're playing Irvine THIS Saturday!!

Fans of Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire, prepare to meet The Hula Girls.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-03-22 4:02 pm   Permalink

Wow! Congrats!!!!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 12:20 pm   Permalink

playing at the Porta Pottys in the parking lot isn't really the same though.
is it?

Just Razzin'
congrats.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 6:45 pm   Permalink

OMG!!! That's GREAT!!!!

I <3 The Hula Girls!!

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 8:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-23 12:20, bigtikidude wrote:
playing at the Porta Pottys in the parking lot isn't really the same though.
is it?

Just Razzin'
congrats.

Jeff(btd)

Consider this: the band that won will get to play about 6 songs on the main stage. And that's an audience waiting for either EWF or Chicago. (we know how that well that worked out for Journey when they opened for Emerson, Lake and Palmer in '77-they were booed off the stage)so who knows how well it will go over?

......Meanwhile, WE get to play our whole set, to every single person walking into the venue through the main concourse. When you add those people heading out to drain the main vein or take a dump in the porta potties, you can add another 1000.....

If there are 10,000 people there, then 10,000 people will be walkin by us, (eventually).

Never underestimate your Goombahs, Jeff!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 8:50 pm   Permalink

Lucas,
I know I was talking to Spike about this last night.
and I agree with you.

Hopefully they will let you sell cds and t-shirts.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 10:25 pm   Permalink

Jeff, I SAW you last night??
Hahahahhaa.... My chick had to tell me it was time to go last night after I was jabbering to you guys... After 7 or so mait tais, I decided it was time for a ZOMBIE. Needless to say, I didn't feel too swell today...

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-23 10:33 pm   Permalink

Congrats Hula Girls on getting to play Irvine Meadows.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-24 09:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-23 22:25, Luckydesigns wrote:
Jeff, I SAW you last night??
Hahahahhaa.... My chick had to tell me it was time to go last night after I was jabbering to you guys... After 7 or so mait tais, I decided it was time for a ZOMBIE. Needless to say, I didn't feel too swell today...

7 Mai Tais and a Zombie?
ooooof!!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 08:22 am   Permalink

Man, it was a BLAST! VIP parking right up front, VIP food and premium seats right in the middle by the mixing board! Earth Wind and Fire with Phillip Bailey at the helm were amazing! These guys have not rested on thier laurels...they sounded totally tight and very contemporary. Alex Nester, the gal who won the contest was really good! Chicago, not so much. I think they need Peter Cetera back, in my opinion.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 09:04 am   Permalink

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 10:29 pm   Permalink

Awesome guys you sounded great today at Tonga .I bootlegged a recording of you
guys today ...ha ha about six songs...they sound great!!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation