FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2010 Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hukilau 2010 Roll Call
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-03 10:40, TikiG wrote:
I know, better yet - share a Mai Tai at the Mai Kai?

As a Local for the Mai Kai, way I suggest a Jet Pilot instead?

It's not the Mai Kai Mai Tai's are bad or anything, its just the Jet Pilots are so much better.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-03 4:20 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah - what was I thinkin'?

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 11:58 pm   Permalink

The Haywards are looking forward to celebrating the one-year anniversary of our engagement at Hukilau 2009! We were married on March 7, at The Mai-Kai (of course).

Jim and Susan Hayward, aka Violetgirl

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KungFuTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-05 3:48 pm   Permalink

Hello, I've been local for the last couple years,about 5-10 min from the Mai Kai, and plan on making it this year, just got back from Costa Rica so I don't think I can swing the whole weekend, so I was wondering, is there anything I shouldn't miss?

I've been on this site on and off over the years under a few different names(I tend to forget passwords), being a surfer I've always loved the Polynesian culture and it's Tiki Gods, look forward to meeting some people that love it the same, that and a good rum drink!

View Profile of KungFuTiki Send a personal message to KungFuTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 4:41 pm   Permalink

KUNKFUTIKI - I don't mean to bury your post...and your question, but I just had to jump on here and say that I am looking forward to meeting the Tiki Nation this Thursday and this weekend. To paraphrase Kevin from the office, "this is going to be epic!"

[ This Message was edited by: Vince Martini 2010-06-05 16:45 ]

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JETSETTER
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 6:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-05 15:48, KungFuTiki wrote:
Hello, I've been local for the last couple years,about 5-10 min from the Mai Kai, and plan on making it this year, just got back from Costa Rica so I don't think I can swing the whole weekend, so I was wondering, is there anything I shouldn't miss?!

Each night has its own unique character, so I'm not sure there's any one night you can point to as being 'the' night. I'm sure if ask 20 people, you'll find 20 different responses to which night they prefer (although that's rum-fuzzy math since it's not 20 nights long ;)

[ This Message was edited by: JETSETTER 2010-06-05 18:11 ]

View Profile of JETSETTER Send a personal message to JETSETTER  Email JETSETTER Goto the website of JETSETTER     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

...is there anything I shouldn't miss?

Wednesday night is the Un-Officially Official Kick-Off at the Mai Kai. Not so much for you as a local, but for the travelers this is the night you want to go to get pictures of the place. The Mai Kai will be all dolled up for the weekend, but you wont have quite as many people in your pictures (or in your way for pictures if you want some specific shot).

Thursday night is the Room Crawl and Bands. Best night for meeting people since everyone will be fresh and spritely having just arrived.

Friday is the 'big show' with the best bands. Best night for the music and to dance with everyone.

Saturday is the Mai Kai! Again, as a local the magic is reduced ever so slightly, however it is nice to see the place full of smiling faces and adoring fans.

Does that help?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 6:53 pm   Permalink

I was just at the Mai Kai tonight with the wife and kids. Went for an early dinner as we have a 9 month old! Everything was great!

We have prior commitments so we will not be at the Hukilau but I am going to try my best to make it to the bazaar on Saturday afternoon. I hope to have my art there next year! I will most likely be wearing a t-shirt with this on it:

if anyone from TC wants to say "Hi"

Here's a couple of pics from tonight:

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 10:19 am   Permalink

Fourteen hours in Lauderdale and haven't been to the Mai Kai yet Not even a stalkerish drive-by. Maybe I'll stay away and let he anticipation build!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 10:48 am   Permalink

Waiting in the airport now! This is the most excited I have ever been for the event!!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KungFuTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-06 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-05 18:18, Chip and Andy wrote:
Quote:

...is there anything I shouldn't miss?

Wednesday night is the Un-Officially Official Kick-Off at the Mai Kai. Not so much for you as a local, but for the travelers this is the night you want to go to get pictures of the place. The Mai Kai will be all dolled up for the weekend, but you wont have quite as many people in your pictures (or in your way for pictures if you want some specific shot).

Thursday night is the Room Crawl and Bands. Best night for meeting people since everyone will be fresh and spritely having just arrived.

Friday is the 'big show' with the best bands. Best night for the music and to dance with everyone.

Saturday is the Mai Kai! Again, as a local the magic is reduced ever so slightly, however it is nice to see the place full of smiling faces and adoring fans.

Does that help?

Thank you it does, I'll pop in wednesday night and meet everybody, I'll be the guy that looks like a cross between Spicoli and kid rock, around what time?

Having the Mai Kai next door is great, I take all my friends that come in town there for at least a drink. I really hope to get down to Hollywood for the Polynesian festivals this summer also.

Thanks for the reply too jetsetter, sounds like there's a lot going on.

View Profile of KungFuTiki Send a personal message to KungFuTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitimmy

Posted: 2010-06-06 12:13 pm   Permalink

My wife and I will be attending our first Hukilau, fresh on the heels of our return from 2 ½ weeks on Oahu.

Since I am getting ready to try my hand at tiki carving, I am hoping to see it happen - and maybe pick a few brains…

View Profile of tikitimmy Send a personal message to tikitimmy  Email tikitimmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-06 3:56 pm   Permalink

We'll be driving down from Central Florida to our first Hukilau on Thursday; joining me will be the Pat Wahine (beloved spousal unit) and our friend from Los Angeles, Judy Wahine. The anticipation is building.... looking forward to meeting everyone!

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kungfugimp
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-07 06:55 am   Permalink

I'll be attending and volunteering again this year I was hoping to have the '53 in legal running condition, but still got more to do on it. So, it looks like my '80 will make another trip I'll see if I can get a good parking spot!

Gotta finish up a few outfits - can't wait!

View Profile of kungfugimp Send a personal message to kungfugimp  Email kungfugimp Goto the website of kungfugimp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 3:16 pm   Permalink

Are there any others making the trip from Europe? Even if so, we'll probably be the only Australian and Argentinian couple there so make sure you say hello and laugh at our funny accents (even though its you guys with the accent)!!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation