FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Just getting into carving.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Just getting into carving.
tatumantiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-23 12:20 pm   Permalink

Hello, I was pointed to tiki central from my tattoo artist who also does tiki carving. I am amazed by some of the work on here and am happy to be a member. Seeing all the different styles and techniques motivates me to improve. I have just recently begun tiki carving and really enjoy it. I am such a fan of the style that I just went to New Zealand to see it done first hand at a carving school in Rotorua. On my trip I also found a bone and jade carving studio in Hokatika. It was called Bonz and Stonz. Steven the owner was great and I carved my first piece of greenstone. Anyways I am going to post one of my latest tikis that I carved out of cypress and let me know what you think. I am a mural artist and faux finisher by profession and try and do the carving when I have time.Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: tatumantiki 2010-03-23 12:21 ]

View Profile of tatumantiki Send a personal message to tatumantiki  Email tatumantiki Goto the website of tatumantiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 4:13 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC! Glad to have a new member. Your tiki looks great for a new carver. You got some talent. Keep'um coming.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 4:39 pm   Permalink

I think you've done this before! Great way to introduce yourself. Can't wait to see more of your work. A trip to NZ is on my List of Things To Do When I Win the Lotto.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 7:25 pm   Permalink

Vary nice And wlcome
there is nothing but inspiration here!
Cant wait to see more!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tatumantiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-24 3:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the complements. I will try to get some more done soon.

View Profile of tatumantiki Send a personal message to tatumantiki  Email tatumantiki Goto the website of tatumantiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-24 5:15 pm   Permalink

welcome to tc!!! very sweet tiki and unique style!!! luv it lets see sum more!!!!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-24 8:29 pm   Permalink

Welcome! I thinks he looks great! Nice work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 11:54 pm   Permalink

Welcome, welcome. That is a beauty, for a first tiki. It's all upwards here on out for you my friend. Got a pic of your carving from NZ?

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 01:44 am   Permalink

Great work for your first! Welcome on TC!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tatumantiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-26 1:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks again everyone. This isn't my first tiki but the first one I actually put some time into. I will try and get a pic of my jade pendant up soon.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 05:43 am   Permalink

Nice stuff Jesse, Excellent start and by the looks of the dime tip on your chainsaw you have gotten off to a great start. You are SO Fortunate to have visited New Zealand, (I'm envious of that )and I'm looking forward to seeing some of that influence in your upcoming works. In fact you are about to the stage where you will be able to carve the traditional tikis. search Google for photos of the old style or find the "Tiki Carvers Bible", 'The Book Of Tiki' by our own Sven Kirsten (bigbrotiki here). There you will find excellent tiki images to inspire and motivate!
Welcome to Tiki Central, Glad to have you.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 09:02 am   Permalink

Looks like a lot of effort went into that finish. Beautiful results!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tatumantiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-12 4:08 pm   Permalink

Here are some of the Maori carvers working at the carving school in Rotorua. Also some finished carvings.

tatumantiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-12 4:16 pm   Permalink

tatumantiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-24 11:21 am   Permalink

pg[/img]

Here are my first two palm carving. I see why so many people use the palm it cuts like butter. Sometimes the fiber is a pain though. I did one in a fun colorful style and the other in a more traditional look. Thanks for looking! Loving life since I started doing these guys! Except for the back pain that flares up once in awhile!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation