FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » Anyone living in the Albuquerque, NM area
Anyone living in the Albuquerque, NM area
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 5:13 pm   Permalink

My family and I just moved to the Albuquerque area from California and are looking for fellow tiki folk who happen to live out here. I've already deduced that the tiki culture is slim pickings out here, but I'm hopeful that someone with an appreciation for it lives here...... somewhere. If there's anyone out here, please reply or send me a PM. Thanks!

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fez monkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 12:17 am   Permalink

Sorry, can't help with the tiki. I've never been to Burt's Tiki Lounge but I imagine it may not satisfy the craving for things tiki.
www.burtstikilounge.com

I can suggest you pay a visit to Garduño's Restaurant. If you haven't developed an appreciation for Southwestern food yet it's a great place to start.

-fm

View Profile of fez monkey Send a personal message to fez monkey  Email fez monkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:25 am   Permalink

Hey Fez Monkey,

Thanks for the food suggestion. We have had plenty of the Southwestern food out here, but haven't tried Garduño's yet. We'll certainly put it on or list.

I haven't personally checked out Burt's tiki bar yet, but it looks pretty sad as far as tiki bars go. At least that's what I've gathered from the photos I've seen. At this point we would be happy just finding some people out here who are into the scene.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-23 10:02 pm   Permalink

Visiting family in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving. Not a Tiki bar - Pan-Asian cuisine, but Jinja has a Polynesian cocktail menu.

My Zombie - very nice.

Cocktail menu back.
Had a nice time here. Food was good. Nice decor.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mermaid1111
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-03 12:59 pm   Permalink

Are you still there, 6 years after you posted this? I used to live in Santa Fe and am thinking about moving back. As far as I know there is no tiki scene in Northern NM. Burt's is a joke, so is Evangelos, and Jinja has great atmosphere, and tiki-type drinks, but is not a tiki bar. I too was wondering if there are any tikiphiles out that way. Are you still there? What have you discovered by now? Are there others? I've given up on bars there, but maybe there are some folks who love tiki culture, and maybe some parties. FIll me in!

[ This Message was edited by: mermaid1111 2016-09-03 13:01 ]

View Profile of mermaid1111 Send a personal message to mermaid1111      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation