Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Parrothead circle hook pendant
Parrothead circle hook pendant
Louiethefish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:05 am   Permalink

This is about as close as I have got lately to a Tiki. Its my parrothead circle hook. I have done a few fish carvings for Jimmy Buffet, and really love his music and band, and have met him a couple times. He even wore one of my hooks onstage, and I gave him the very first prototype of this design a couple years ago. You can see these online on my website, or order directly from me by emailing me at louiethefish@yahoo.com
They start at only $ 50 and go up, depending on size and material. this one is extra large in Bone, but I do them in ivory also, and might try one in pearl shell soon!
Tightlines, Louie the Fish !
www.louiethefish.com

View Profile of Louiethefish Send a personal message to Louiethefish  Goto the website of Louiethefish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 2:32 pm   Permalink

Nice work Louie...looks like you have carved quite a few pieces for celebrities
and dignitaries. Happy to see you posting here.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:09 pm   Permalink

Clean lines Louie! ok,... tight lines too.
Maybe I'll see you in Honolulu next month!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 5:31 pm   Permalink

OMG...I am loving that!!! PM coming your way.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 11:11 am   Permalink

Jimmy Buffet does music? The multi-billionaire banker dude that set policy for Obama and appeared with Bill Gates on some magazines? I never pictured him playing anything or wearing something like that. Huh. Guess the guy can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Cool carving, btw.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 12:14 pm   Permalink

Malo 'e lelei Louie,

Nice design to the fishhook. I like it's simplicity in detail. Keeps it clean, not too busy. I have actually been inspired to start bone carving because of your tutorial videos on youtube. I'm from Hilo & was wondering if you were headed this way for the Merrie Monarch? Maybe we can get together, chow down some grinds.

Do you know a bone/fossil ivory carver named Sami Fevaleaki? He's from Hauula. He was my freshman art teacher back in Tonga & I plan on taking him & his wife out for dinner when he comes to set up shop during MM. If you're in town, maybe we can all have dinner, my treat, & talk shop.

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 01:08 am   Permalink

Very nice carving, you're talented. But, please, just don't say the words "Jimmy Buffet", or "parrothead", it's forbidden here !

What Tiki Central Isn't :
Everyone here at Tiki Central is passionate about the Polynesian Pop movement. While the exact edges are blurry, we can give you a bit of insight into what Tiki Central is not about:

Its not about Jimmy Buffett and Parrotheads

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation