FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events HUKILAU 2002 in Atlanta (Friday & Saturday July 19-20)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
HUKILAU 2002 in Atlanta (Friday & Saturday July 19-20)
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-05 12:41 am   Permalink

Be prepared for brutal prices at Trader Vic's in London. The cheapest start at around $9 and go up from there. Over the past couple of years the price of a Tiki bowl has gone from 7 to 7.50 to 11! (That's about $16) No wonder when the Brit's go abroad we drink the place dry.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-05 06:48 am   Permalink

Like I said, I think the price of the Trader Vic's drinks includes the glass. I never steal, but looking on Ebay tells me how many do. The nice thing is, at the Atlanta Trader Vic's you can buy the glasses at a cheap price ($3-4). When we asked once, they were a little shocked and said something about how most people just steal them. They have a red, sort of lantern shaped one we really want a pair of. Just what we need, more glasses!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-05 11:03 am   Permalink

I checked reservation dates for a few hotels downtown and they were full. We didn't pick the weekend of the Klan convention, did we? I wonder if they hate tiki?

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-05 11:38 am   Permalink

We'll find plenty of places! I'll post 'em on the site as we get 'em.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-10 11:35 pm   Permalink

I was just online perusing the schedule for a certain nutty entertainer(whose name I won't divulge incase a surprise is in the works) and saw that for July 19/20 the booking said "Atlanta-some sort of tiki party thingy!" If this is true, we are in for a koo-koo kinda treat. You guys are really turning this into something! I can't wait to get into town on the 20th.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-10 11:53 pm   Permalink

Weird Uncle, it's no secret, RICHARD CHEESE is dying to come and we're dying to have him! As he says on his site it's not confirmed - World-Class Cheese is pricey so we're trying to figure out how we could do a money-making Cheese show in conjunction with our event to cover his costs. We're working with 99x and the Star Bar as the venue...
that said there are lotsa surprises in the works, not all will be divuled here on tiki central or on the HUKILAU.INFO website!

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-11 8:27 pm   Permalink

Current plans are for R.C.'s concert to be friday night but not to worry if you're arriving the 20th... he'll be hanging with us Saturday night at TV's and will perform there "impromptu."

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation