[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Old Tiki Lamp
Old Tiki Lamp
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 06:53 am   Permalink

I picked this old lamp up yesterday...

Has anyone seen one before? I was wondering what the age/origin is?

Now I need to find a shade for it!

Thanks,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 2:08 pm   Permalink

Nope. A Tiki mystery. The color is blinding when lit with a flash, is that paint job original? What's it made out of... plastic, ceramic, earthenware ? A curious fella for sure.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-29 14:08, bigbrotiki wrote:
Nope. A Tiki mystery. The color is blinding when lit with a flash, is that paint job original? What's it made out of... plastic, ceramic, earthenware ? A curious fella for sure.

Yes, the flash did brighten up a bit. Made of wood and as far as I can tell, original red paint. Underneath paint on the base is black. Up close, the wood has a chiseled look, hard to tell from the picture, though!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 3:28 pm   Permalink

cool piece, D. that style looks familiar, but I can't place it right now. strange looking socket tho. is the plug old/original? can't tell from the pic. The socket doesnt look like it's made in the US. can you post more pics?
Interesting stuff being found out there...i love spring!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 4:18 pm   Permalink

More shots...if it wasn't originally red, then it was originally black...

Like most old cords on lamps, this one has been "professionally" replaced!

PTD

bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 6:33 pm   Permalink

thanks for the extra pics. i guess the socket doesnt look so odd on closer inspection, but definitely old.

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 7:18 pm   Permalink

Cool find PTD .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 9:54 pm   Permalink

That tone of red looks very 70s to me, it might have been updated from its "un-groovy" black then.
This could be a good prop for the film "The Maltese Tiki". If someone would make it.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 06:28 am   Permalink

With the straight slot screws in the bottom, I would say it was made in the early 50's or before. They started useing philip screws in the mid50's for manufacturing.Just a guess.

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation