FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Genesis then....and then!
Genesis then....and then!
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-03 2:30 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35wtfcByIY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weRCHo36MeM&feature=related

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-04-03 14:32 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 10:13 am   Permalink

I LOVED the original Genesis (when Phil was drummer and back-up vocals only!). The stories they told were GREAT - loved Harorld the Barrel and Giant Hogweed! Are you a fan of both or either? I thought my husband and I were the only ones who still listened!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-04 10:13, beadtiki wrote:
I thought my husband and I were the only ones who still listened!

you two and lucas make three...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 12:29 pm   Permalink

Well, (rockabilly intro)

I admit to being an ex huge fan of almost ALL prog rock.

I just think it is funny when a band goes from being so crazy and avante-garde in their early years, to be totally commercial later on. Which was the point of this thread, of course!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 2:38 pm   Permalink

True on Genesis the band. Peter Gabriels' good stuff on "Shaking The Tree", man I love that cd. The look and song of that first video reminded of Pink Floyd. It seems that Peter has stayed truer to his beginnings than say Phil. But whatever works is fine. Phil is a very creative musician as well. (Home By The Sea) to name one.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 7:09 pm   Permalink

Lucas, have you listened to Deaf School, UK, John Cale or Phil Manzanera? My husband has always been a music "rebel" - he HATES most mainstream and turned me on to his music - except I just couldn't get into Frank Zappa - I know, I know - the BIGGEST rebel of them all! Okay, I like the song Bobby Brown - but that's just 'cause I'm gross!

Oh, and LLT - ha ha - you're SOOOOO funny I forgot to laugh! So I'll laugh now!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 7:57 pm   Permalink

To tell you the truth, my prog rock favorites were always YES, King Crimson, ELP, Rush, Genesis, Floyd, Led Zep...and unfortunately that was about it for me. Gradually I started losing interest in all these bands. But, occasionally I see something I like, like the song "paperlate" and it reminds me of the old days!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:28 am   Permalink

Genisis now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy52yueBX_s

When I was 14 my music teacher gave me the song Mama to study, a song all about addiction, strange but still to this day a good song.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 00:28, cheekytiki wrote:
Genisis now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy52yueBX_s

When I was 14 my music teacher gave me the song Mama to study, a song all about addiction, strange but still to this day a good song.

that was cute - they have great ads in the UK.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation