FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Tak Shindo on CD ?

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Tak Shindo on CD ?
DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 6:53 pm   Permalink

I have the Ethel Azama/Tak Shindo "Exotic Dreamers" twofer as well and definitely concur that it is, indeed, excellent.

Ethel Azama's "Exotic Dreams" is basically a vocal Martin Denny album. From what I understand, Denny more or less discovered Ethel and helped produce her debut album, which would explain why his touch and signature sound is all over the record.

Tak Shindo's "Mganga!," making it's official CD debut, is like a cross between Les Baxter and Walt Disney. It's rife with "scary" jungle rhythms and "ethnic" tribal chants set to the sounds a full blown orchestra and chorus. Various animal sound effects even pop up from time to time. And I'm not sure, but I think there's a rainstorm in there somewhere! Truly wonderful, wonderful stuff!

Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the Ethel Azama/Tak Shindo "Exotic Dreamers" twofer ASAP!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exotic-Dreamers-Ethel-Azama/dp/B003F0GL96/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277085212&sr=8-1

View Profile of DejaVoodoo Send a personal message to DejaVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation