FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Dynotones at Dons this Sat. April 10th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Dynotones at Dons this Sat. April 10th
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-10 3:05 pm   Permalink

The Mongoloids will be in da house! Rum Barrel, pupus and Dynotones! Shoots!

[ This Message was edited by: Mongoloid 2010-04-10 15:05 ]

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
josheboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-10 8:48 pm   Permalink

Alas, this sickness has done me in. I cannot make it tonight

Drink one for me, will ya?

- josheboy -

View Profile of josheboy Send a personal message to josheboy  Goto the website of josheboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 2:49 pm   Permalink

reports?
pics.

wanted to be there,
But Az. was too tempting.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 4:22 pm   Permalink

We got there right at 4 and left a little after 10. Logged over 6 hours sitting at the bar. It was crowded throughout the night with an eclectic mix of people. Noticed alot of people admiring the mugs in the case (looks like its maxed out now) and that inspired them to purchase the mugs Dons has for sale. The Dynatones were ripping and everyone there was feeling the reverb down to the bone!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 2:07 pm   Permalink

The Press-Telegram's sports columnist, Doug Krikorian, was at Don's last Saturday and wrote about it in todays (4/13/10) column.

It's the last 6 lines.

Press Telegram: Doug Krikorian

"Something happened to me Saturday night at Don The Beachcomber's in Sunset Beach that was an historical first - the bartender refused to mix me a drink even though I hadn't even had one the entire day. I ordered a vodka Navy Grog - and she actually said house rules prevented her from making it with anything but rum. The establishment is owned by the one-time revered Los Angeles City Councilman, Art Snyder, an old acquaintance with a keen knowledge of spirits who solemnly swears he's not responsible for such a Draconian edict. "

Surprised he was there. He does not seem like he would be a Dynotones fan.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 3:35 pm   Permalink

I was there Saturday night, a consolation for missing the Kon Tiki event. The place was PACKED, and not just in the bar. It was the busiest I had ever seen it. The drinks were good despite Marie's absence and the food was excellent, so that is proof that Don's can handle a busy night much better than Kona ever could. Dynotones were loud and sounded really good, although everything they play sounds pretty much alike. All in all an enjoyable evening.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation