FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Grogalizer 2.0 is LIVE!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Grogalizer 2.0 is LIVE!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 10:30 am   Permalink

The $ dollar sign symbol on the ingredients is a link to buy where it exists.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-08 10:57 am   Permalink

Nice work! Thank you.

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-28 8:21 pm   Permalink

Mega-bump.

WOW.
The past few days I've been using the site like mad ever since seeing the overhaul. Hard to believe it's the same site! Huge thanks to Swanky for the upgrade, and I'll be sending you the bill's from the liquor store as it seems my consumption is (way) up since I'm trying to get as many green check-marks up as fast as I can.
I'd ask for a forum, but it'd end up draining everyone away from THIS one! I'd go on and on, but my vision is strating to blur.

Many mahalos!

[ This Message was edited by: twitch 2010-06-28 20:23 ]

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-29 08:14 am   Permalink

It really is a great resource. Our neighbor gave us a bunch of lemons from his tree, and I used Grogalizer last weekend to narrow down the drinks that specifically called for lemon juice.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-29 09:22 am   Permalink

Thanks! Keep spreading the word!

We are plotting v2.1 right now. Some additions that will help you make your drink choices.

I too tend to go for the drinks without a check first. I want to make them all, at least once!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
loneranger84
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-29 3:51 pm   Permalink

Let me preface this by saying that I don't have any of the Bum's older books.

Two notes:

"Cobra's Fang" is also in Sippin' Safari p. 177.

"Rum Barrel Tiki+" is originally from Grog Log p. 71. (The Ports O' Call variation.)

Just hoping that this will make some of the drinks more accessible to those without an iPhone. I'll post more if I come across any.

EDIT: Oh, and awesome website BTW!

[ This Message was edited by: loneranger84 2010-06-29 15:51 ]

View Profile of loneranger84 Send a personal message to loneranger84      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-29 15:51, loneranger84 wrote:
Let me preface this by saying that I don't have any of the Bum's older books.

Two notes:

"Cobra's Fang" is also in Sippin' Safari p. 177.

"Rum Barrel Tiki+" is originally from Grog Log p. 71. (The Ports O' Call variation.)

Just hoping that this will make some of the drinks more accessible to those without an iPhone. I'll post more if I come across any.

EDIT: Oh, and awesome website BTW!

[ This Message was edited by: loneranger84 2010-06-29 15:51 ]

Taking your work on it, but the Tiki+ version of the Rum Barrel has Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar in the recipe, which is different than the book version. Correct?

loneranger84
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-30 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-30 09:17, Swanky wrote:

Taking your work on it, but the Tiki+ version of the Rum Barrel has Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar in the recipe, which is different than the book version. Correct?

Ah. You're right in that it calls for Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar. It states that it's adapted from the Grog Log, but it is slightly different. The same could be said for several of the other recipes too (e.g. the exact ratio of syrups that are called out in the Mai Tai has changed).

Another small note that doesn't really change anything: The Blue Hawaii in the Tiki+ app is the Hawaiian Village version, not the Grog Log version.

View Profile of loneranger84 Send a personal message to loneranger84      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 11:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-30 10:44, loneranger84 wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-30 09:17, Swanky wrote:

Ah. You're right in that it calls for Passion Fruit Juice or Nectar. It states that it's adapted from the Grog Log, but it is slightly different. The same could be said for several of the other recipes too (e.g. the exact ratio of syrups that are called out in the Mai Tai has changed).

Another small note that doesn't really change anything: The Blue Hawaii in the Tiki+ app is the Hawaiian Village version, not the Grog Log version.

Changes in proportions did not affect the Grogalizer listings, just ingredients.

The Blue Hawaii recipes are different as well. THe Grog Log Blue Hawaii has cream in it.

loneranger84
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-30 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The Blue Hawaii recipes are different as well. THe Grog Log Blue Hawaii has cream in it.

My point exactly. Anyhow, awesome website.

twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 7:38 pm   Permalink

Hey swanky!
Just made an Eastern Sour & I see it's not listed in the Grogalizer. (page 34, Grog Log)

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-01 19:38, twitch wrote:
Hey swanky!
Just made an Eastern Sour & I see it's not listed in the Grogalizer. (page 34, Grog Log)

It's there. Just make sure you have Rye in your bar.

Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 9:28 pm   Permalink

Don't forget us Android users! I know the iPhone's the hip place to be right now, but Android's picking up and we want out grog too!

View Profile of Potato. Send a personal message to Potato.  Goto the website of Potato.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 03:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-11 21:28, Potato. wrote:
Don't forget us Android users! I know the iPhone's the hip place to be right now, but Android's picking up and we want out grog too!

+1

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 12:31 am   Permalink

Just got to use it, with "what can I make with", I made the wife Swanky's Magic and Baron Samedi. I can't drink them since I'm on a diet, but she liked them.
I like the interface, thanks a lot Swanky.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation