FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Lucas Vigor's Myspace, Facebook and Twitter and NOW SOUNDCLOUD!!
Lucas Vigor's Myspace, Facebook and Twitter and NOW SOUNDCLOUD!!
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 4:57 pm   Permalink

yeah, I am not real good at computers, so what may be simple and about 1/2 an hour's work for most people, actually took me 7 years to figure out. (And now it's practically obsolete.)

Anyway, here it is.

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-11-07 19:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2011-02-02 18:25 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 12:06 am   Permalink

better late than never.
at least your on there.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:06 am   Permalink

Myspace?? What about Facebook

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:18 am   Permalink

I dig the Bossa Nova. Is that you on the keyboard??? Very cool stuff.

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:35 am   Permalink

The sound of a the fender rhodes electric Piano is a keyboard, but the piano sound is a real acoustic piano. (if there are string sounds anywhere, those are all keyboard, of course) All the percussion is real, and it's upright bass you are hearing (electric bass on "Muito E Voltando") plus nylon string acoustic guitars and some electric guitars.

The most fun I had though, was playing mandolin on "Roly Poly" (and old Bob Will's tune)which also has my Telecaster guitar on it.

All was done the old fashioned way, with a "click track" (to keep it all in tempo)

The inclusion of a typical pop song (though done in the bossa nova style) like "Don't know why" was something I don't often do, but in this case, the beginning sounds like a guitar. It's not. That's a 6 string electric bass being played "tap" style, (so I guess I put my own stamp on it!) After the intro, the upright bass takes over, and the 6 string electric bass is used for all the solos that accompany the piano. So, It may sound like a guitar but it's not.

On my original, "Squatch Squeetch", what may sound like keyboards is actually not. Most of what you are hearing is guitar and bass, heavily processed of course. The organ sound is a keyboard, but that's all I used.

The Rick James cover, "69 times" was recorded about 15 years ago, and features my lame-ass vocals, and some funk style electric bass.

The "27th" is Mozart's 27th symphony, done "arco" style on my double bass, playing along with a CD.

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-04-07 08:48 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-07 07:06, WooHooWahine wrote:
Myspace?? What about Facebook

Can you do songs on facebook? If so, that's my next project!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 8:01 pm   Permalink

...well, no matter...but at least I AM on facebook now!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-07 7:12 pm   Permalink

And twitter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vQjvrpiN0M

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-11-07 19:13 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 6:29 pm   Permalink

And soundcloud!

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets

Some of it is the same stuff I posted on myspace (which seems to be heading for extinction)
I have to warn you, though...I have uploaded a bunch of "comedy" stuff that I recorded 20 years ago...it is filled with expletives and very raunchy subject matter. If you are the type of mamby -pamby politically correct ass that likes to call people like me a "douchebag with nothing worthwhile to say EVER" in PMs, then be warned, you will likely be very offended and start crying...just do yourself a favor and avoid anything I have posted here!

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2011-02-02 18:51 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation