Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Event calendar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Event calendar
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 09:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-07 08:50, martiki wrote:
I remember suggesting this a while ago- we could have in the Tiki Events forum a sticky topic that would always be at the top. It would have one post in it that would look like mrtikibar's, perhaps with a bit of explanation or links attached to each event. Whenever you have confirmed dates for a new event, post it to that thread, and a moderator will add it to the the first post and delete your message. That way the thread never gets cluttered and there's one unified calendar. How does that sound? Easy for Hanford, too.

That format sounds right. I think we should consider keeping holidays in there for reference.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 11:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-07 08:50, martiki wrote:
I remember suggesting this a while ago- we could have in the Tiki Events forum a sticky topic that would always be at the top. It would have one post in it that would look like mrtikibar's, perhaps with a bit of explanation or links attached to each event. Whenever you have confirmed dates for a new event, post it to that thread, and a moderator will add it to the the first post and delete your message. That way the thread never gets cluttered and there's one unified calendar. How does that sound? Easy for Hanford, too.

sounds good to me , too. A Suggestion-add basic info like City and some link to the event or a thread about it so less informed members can check it out mote.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-07 2:29 pm   Permalink

90% there- Hanford, can you create a new thread called Tiki Event Calendar and set the date so it's always at the top of Tiki Events?

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-01-08 11:49 pm   Permalink

Wish granted.

Thanks Humu for the heads-up.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-09 4:52 pm   Permalink

hanford - here's a nice dirt cheap php/mysql based calendar i ran across...
http://www.bosdev.com/bosdates/
http://www.bosdev.com/bosdateslite/

here it is in action:
http://www.retroradar.com/calendar/calendar.php

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-09 8:46 pm   Permalink

Hanford and Martiki,

Thanks for the 2005 Events calender set-up.
The 2005 NW Tiki Crawl is scheduled for 06/17/05-06/19/05. Tikimaxton will confirm to "set in stone." Here is a link to the crawl web page:
http://www.nwtiki.com/
This is the thread to use to update the main calender, no?

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-01-09 10:55 pm   Permalink

mrtikibar- didn't realize that the Event topic at the top was locked. I've unlocked it so you can post information there. I'll add this stuff now. Thanks!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 1:10 pm   Permalink

Hanford, another suggestion: When someone updates the Tiki Events Calendar they change the topic title to say the calendar was updated. I.e., "Tiki Events Calendar (Updated 21 Feb. 2005)" Maybe they could highlight the latest changes by putting them in italics, or marking them with a ?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-26 12:18 pm   Permalink

What happened to the Calendar in Tiki Events? I would like to plan my trip to Hukilau and want to see what other events are happening along the way, and when.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 10:36 am   Permalink

What happened to the Event Calender that used to be locked at the top of this forum?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 11:27 am   Permalink

Any news on the calendar?? It would be helpful in planning events.
Thanks...

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 11:50 pm   Permalink

I don't know exactly what happened to the event calendar, I suspect it became a PITA to maintain.

However, the timing of your query is beautiful, because on Thursday I added a list of Upcoming Tiki Events to Humu Kon Tiki. I hope it's useful!

Humu Kon Tiki

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation