FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Did you thank your wife for putting up will all your Tiki crap?
Did you thank your wife for putting up will all your Tiki crap?
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-11 11:26 am   Permalink

Well... didya?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-11 11:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-11 11:26, MadDogMike wrote:
Well... didya?

She LOVES it... at least that's what i think a shaking head and tutting noise means...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 2:26 pm   Permalink

No

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 3:14 pm   Permalink

Hell No!!! I thank her for putting up with my personal BS but thats about it. Besides my wife loves Tiki crap!!!

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-04-11 15:17 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 3:28 pm   Permalink

Funny you bring this up MDM, I guess I am lucky, Mrs ATP is really into the scene
She enjoys the decor, the cocktails etc.
She was the one who bought our BambooBen bar & cool Tiki lamps to add to all the stuff I build at our house.

Since we both came out of Music & Art scenes from our youth (I actually meet her for the first time at an X concert
at the Starwood in 1980) we just kind of jive.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 3:34 pm   Permalink

yes... i did. although she is secretly into the whole thing too.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 4:54 pm   Permalink

Does your wife thank you for putting up with her " crap " ?
Lol
.... No really?! Lol

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 5:02 pm   Permalink

yeah, i thank her often.........she says that she likes it too......i think she does.
also tiki stuff is just plain good ol' fashion FUN!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 5:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-11 16:54, TIKIVILLE wrote:
Does your wife thank you for putting up with her " crap " ?
Lol
.... No really?! Lol

Exactly!!! I'm gonna buy you a drink for dat. Cheers!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 6:59 pm   Permalink

My wife is a STS, a Silent TiKi Sufferer. Her favorite reaction is to roll her eyes. She did let me have one room in the house and the back yard. After a rough recovery from brain surgery, one of her first outings was to the Rincon Room. She loves the people, tolerates the media. Here she is with Stacy and I, she really enjoyed everyone but still rolls her eyes at Tiki. I would quit Tiki today if she said, as I am only a portion of a man without her. (38 years and counting)

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 11:40 am   Permalink

I'M the one that got into Tiki and my hubby tolerates it and I thank him "in the usual way" all the time! Ummmm! You smutty thinkers - I meant with a rum drinky! LOL Okay, the other way too! He actually digs Tiki too and comes up with some pretty awesome ideas.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 7:13 pm   Permalink

I'm one of the lucky ones, too... Trott gets asked all the time how he feels about getting dragged from one tiki shindig to the next. He says "Really, it's not hard. All I have to do is let her throw a funny shirt on me, someone will stick a great drink in my hand, and I chat with people. What's to complain about?"

So far that mentality is transferring to my taking over a room in the house for a tiki bar. I think he's just happy he doesn't have to figure out how to decorate it.

Of course, in return, I have to tolerate his bizarre music obsessions when they take root. For about a week solid the only music in the house was one song by a Swedish metal band, played over, and over, and over...

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-12 19:13, Humuhumu wrote:
I'm one of the lucky ones, too... Trott gets asked all the time how he feels about getting dragged from one tiki shindig to the next. He says "Really, it's not hard. All I have to do is let her throw a funny shirt on me, someone will stick a great drink in my hand, and I chat with people. What's to complain about?"

So far that mentality is transferring to my taking over a room in the house for a tiki bar. I think he's just happy he doesn't have to figure out how to decorate it.

Of course, in return, I have to tolerate his bizarre music obsessions when they take root. For about a week solid the only music in the house was one song by a Swedish metal band, played over, and over, and over...

Is it as bad as having to listen to Frank Zappa's Joes Garage with all that stupid whispering and cackling in the background?! They are good to us though - so it's easy to overlook!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 7:43 pm   Permalink

She's just as happy with it as I am. In fact, she's in the other room buying a KonTiki plate from Bonanzle.

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation