advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Endless Summer in south mississippi
Endless Summer in south mississippi
seafoodplatter

Posted: 2010-04-14 12:30 pm   Permalink

What started as a tiki bar ended up coast trash. My influences down here are just too strong. But, I thought I would share some pictures with ya'll anyway.

Stated by putting caps and solar light on the post. Then using eye bolts, ran rope around my deck. The bolts, rope, caps, lights, and screws for the bar are all I bought, the rest I found are was given.

I used my old french doors for the front and top of the bar. The rest of the frame was built out of the crate the new doors came in and the old deck railing that I tore down.

Found 4 landscaping timbers and a piece and tin roofing on the side of the road to make a cover. Then just started adding things I've found over the years at the beach and our barrier islands.

I hope ya'll enjoy. I've done more since these pictures, so I'll have some more later. My next project will be my tiki beach around the side of the house. I promised myself that it would stay tiki from start to finish.

View Profile of seafoodplatter Send a personal message to seafoodplatter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 7:19 pm   Permalink

Well... yeah... I dig it! Your portable-radio-on-a-rope is a gas! I've been on the lookout for a portable radio like the one on Gilligan's Island. You know, white plastic, a good bit horizontal and batteries that never die.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 08:08 am   Permalink

Having lived in Biloxi, D'Iberville and Bay St. Louis I can appreciate your Endless Summer Bar. Looks fantastic and I will look you up next time I come to visit that part of the country and my family!!!

KK

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-15 08:39 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC seafoodplatter. The cyprus knees are cool, I bet they do some awesome carvings with those. Best wishes on the Tiki Beach - "tiki from start to finish"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 12:06 pm   Permalink

Making the bar from the French doors was a cool and creative re-purposing.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 8:13 pm   Permalink

I too dig the transistor radio on a rope. Very cool for the gulf, half the battle is that the little guy and your gal like it, go from there!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seafoodplatter

Posted: 2010-04-16 7:12 pm   Permalink

here are a few more picture we took. The table was the first thing I made. On the way home from work I saw this piling on the beach and managed to get it in my jeep.

View Profile of seafoodplatter Send a personal message to seafoodplatter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 4:49 pm   Permalink

Very clever use of those doors.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 5:32 pm   Permalink

I would cover doors in Bamboo.Great job for what you had to work with .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation