FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Kon 2010 - 7/30 to 8/1 in Portland!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Kon 2010 - 7/30 to 8/1 in Portland!
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 4:57 pm   Permalink

AceyTiki and I already have our tickets purchased! If you are looking for a hotel, ppl usually stay at the Palms. Be warned, they only stay there for the sign.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 2:13 pm   Permalink

Is drinking Rum allowed at this event?? Looking forward to another great Tiki Kon!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 3:15 pm   Permalink

I'll come if I can find a partner in crime.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 10:04 am   Permalink

Barring something bizarre*...

Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That (Hey! That's us!) will be vending at Tiki Kon.

No, it will not be our usual Scottish countryside water colors you're familiar with. It'll be Stuff like this:

And this kind of Stuff:

Maybe some Junk like this:

And probably some of this sort of Stuff:

None of the items shown will be available but everything that will be is a lot worse or a little better than these examples.

Most importantly: All of it will be sold at low low probably never to be seen again prices. (Unless no one buys anything, then it will be available for even lower prices.)

Oh yes, we also have one model each of our exclusive never to be made again Pele's Secret LOUNGE-R-E. See the full line and other things to amuse and confound in the
Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That gallery.

Hopefully we'll have pics of available Stuff & Junk Like That in Marketplace by next week. (With prices. Why be coy?) However: This round of Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That will only be initially available at Tiki Kon. If you ain't there you can't get it anywhere.**

*Unfortunately I have a very high Universe Rug Yank (URY) factor. But I decided to test the URY and make an announcement. (I can feel a heretofore unknown northwest volcano awakening as I type.)

** Offers of excessively higher than set price always entertained. Also if none of it sells and we're friends you'll probably get it as a host or hostess gift or maybe for your birthday. That's what we stuff makers do.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-15 06:59 am   Permalink

Woofmutt, looking forward to spending some $$ on you!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-16 10:07 am   Permalink

Only two weeks left till Tiki Kon! Get your tickets while they last!

http://www.tikikon.com
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-19 05:19 am   Permalink

I'm happy to announce that my Tiki art will be at the Elroy Artspace Gallery for the ATOMIC TIKI show. I unfortunately cannot make it but I hope TC'ers that will be at Tiki Kon can drop by. On display will be this piece in addition to a couple of others:

Details on the show can be found here:

http://www.elroyartspace.com/atomic-tiki-group-show---august10.html

...and my other art:
Zerostreet Illustrations
http://www.zerostreet.com

[ This Message was edited by: zerostreet 2010-07-20 09:56 ]

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-27 06:56 am   Permalink

Check it out...official TK double rocks glasses! (Scroll down to bottom of page)

http://nwtiki.com/store.html

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 7:01 pm   Permalink

Sunday's home bar tour is officially sold out!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-02 08:59 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for attending! This year was a complete blast.

If you have pictures of Tiki Kons past and present, pleases join us over at our
Flickr group!

Now the home stretch into Tiki Oasis!
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 06:28 am   Permalink

Saturday Night at Tony Starlight's was really cool. The place was packed, the band was great, and most importantly the joint looked really swell. I'd never seen the space before and would never have guessed that the Tiki decor had all been put up just for the night. Plus the Portlanders were really friendly, so unlike Seattle where most of our attempts at events usually end up in a knife fight or a visit from the fire department.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation