FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 09:28 am   Permalink

My first one...Cant wait!!!

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 7:28 pm   Permalink

Your first WHAT?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 05:05 am   Permalink

Oh, the VIP are sold out. that's what I get for not getting online for a couple of days. Oh well, I'll figure somethin out I guess. Can't wait to see you all there!

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 06:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-01 19:28, Cammo wrote:
Your first WHAT?

Really???..Ok..My first Tiki Oasis..Hope that clears it up..

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-03 01:09 am   Permalink

Just iced the deal for the West Coast premiere of Johnny Aloha to happen at Tiki Oasis!

Anyone familiar with the fabulous Richard Cheese will flip over Johnny Aloha and his Lavapalooza band. They do today's hits in Hawaiian lounge style.

Think Don Ho covering, say, Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey"!!

Oh, no, wait. That really happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5WOAxu28C0

Think of Don Ho covering tunes by contemporary Alternative Rock/Metalers Papa Roach or rapper Coolio!!

For those of you who have already bought tix, this is just one more extra treat for you. Don't miss the show on Saturday night!

http://tikioasis.org/entertainment/

http://www.johnnyaloha.com/

Waikiki's lazy laid-back lounge singer Johnny Aloha performs tiki-style Hawaiian music versions of popular rock and rap songs. Imagine Don Ho singing Weezer and you've got the picture.

His debut CD, "Lavapalooza," which was produced by Vegas lounge legend Richard Cheese, will be released on Coverage Records in Summer 2010. The album includes tiki/exotica/slack-key arrangements of hits like "Paradise City," "Cruel Summer," "Gangsta's Paradise," "Island In The Sun," "Thong Song," "Pocketful Of Sunshine," and "Last Resort."

From his headlining gigs at Honolulu hotels to his surprise performances at Tiki Bars around the world, Johnny Aloha has become famous for his casual crooning, his stylish Hawaiian shirts, and his perpetual pursuit of the perfect pina colada.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 05:47 am   Permalink

you can hear an interview I did with Otto this week on the Cocktail Nation, check it out www.cocktailnation.net

A pleasure as usual Otto!

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-28 11:07, bigtikidude wrote:
here is the link to a Preview of the Music for tiki oasis this year.
Whorehay from Radio Free Bakersfield, had a Visit from Marty Lush, and Jim Bacchi from Tikiyaki Orchestra.
enjoy!!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37003&forum=11&0

bump

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-07 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-03 01:09, Otto wrote:
Just iced the deal for the West Coast premiere of Johnny Aloha to happen at Tiki Oasis!

You have NO idea how happy this makes me

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 03:05 am   Permalink

Don't know if I can sleep till August thinking of all the upcoming excitement ahead.
And I'm coming with a Tiki Oasis virgin who is gonna love it!!!!
2 East Coast tiki gals heading West - see you soon!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 07:28 am   Permalink

I'll be there!
here is a preview of some new stuff...

see you all there!
Tiki King

-----------------------------------
www.tikiking.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki King 2010-07-08 08:53 ]

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 01:51 am   Permalink

As it creeps ever closer, I get more and more excited. Just a little over a month away!

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-09 09:15 am   Permalink

6 weeks!!!! Can't wait to come home and see all my dear friends! Oh, Tiki Oasis how I've missed you so!

www.VoodooDollDesigns.com

[ This Message was edited by: phynix 2010-07-09 09:16 ]

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunshine Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-09 2:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Friends and Tiki Fiends,

The Zen Tiki Lounge crew is busting at the seams with excitement over this years Tiki O. 10 years!!! Not only are we hosting a room crawl on Saturday night, but we will be recording a podcast or two from the event. If you are a listener (or about to become one) and you would like to be on the podcast, please send a private message to Sunshine Tiki either here on TC or to
sunshine@zentikilounge.com

We will invite a select few (OK, those who respond first) to our room as audience members while we record the show. Drinks will be served. Fun will be had. Shenanigans will ensue.

See you all at the big event!

http://www.zentikilounge.com

View Profile of Sunshine Tiki Send a personal message to Sunshine Tiki  Email Sunshine Tiki Goto the website of Sunshine Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 8:24 pm   Permalink

can't wait till oasis!! until then ...check out our brand spankin new video "return to moorea" starring the martini kings and medusirena the mermaid!
The Martini Kings "Return to Moorea"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBhMj1ClBA

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jdseeks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:16 am   Permalink

Koop Kooper's podcasts are great, go check them out on itunes. He has some interesting interviews including Otto's and one with Beachbum Berry. Also the Radio Free Bakersfield podcast #168 for Tiki Oasis 10 has an awesome song selection and Yahtzee never was so cool. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37003&forum=11&12

View Profile of jdseeks Send a personal message to jdseeks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation