FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 10 official thread
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 5:54 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone - no one stole the banner. It came back to the bar with me, the other two Forbidden Island banners and the carful of seminar/room crawl FI stuff. All is good!

Suzanne

Quote:

On 2010-08-22 19:29, Coco Loco wrote:
Bad mojo, someone, assumably a fan, stole the Forbidden Island banner at Oasis. Not cool. Hopefully whomever stole it will retun it. Unbelievable, that's truly creating bad karma.

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-23 7:09 pm   Permalink

Had a blast this weekend.

Thursday Night's show was the most epic Tikiyaki show yet....all those people, the lights, the sound system, Marina....crazy.

Thanx to Otto and Baby Doe having us, and for giving us our own night, so we could do our show right.
Thanx to Marina for being amazing in every way, totally professional and the perfect compliment to our music, and for Thor providing the awesome shrunken heads for her act.
That's not the last you'll see if her and Tikiyaki, if I can help it.

Thanx to Nelson, our guest percussionist and Crazy Al for adding to the fun immensely.

It was really great to meet so many new people, lots of whom were out of towners, seeing the band for the first time.

It was also great to sit in on bongos with Lushy...big fun.
Project Pimento, great too see our own JP sittin' in on bass....I really enjoyed the set.

This was my first time seeing APE too, I really dug it, but who's that nut job hacking a tree onstage ?

Happy 10th Anniversary Tiki Oasis !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-22 10:00, MadDogMike wrote:
So what was up with the guy in the King Kamehameha outfit Saturday night? I had to leave early so I didn't see if he was he a paid performer or if he was just struttin' it Anyone get a picture?

He was thoroughly enjoying his first tiki oasis ever! He is a regular customer at the bookstore I work at, and was strutting it in his own royal style!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 8:17 pm   Permalink

Even though I couldn't make it this year, I want to chime in with the mahalos for throwing together such a fantastic event. I love to see my friends happy, and I have LOT of very, very happy friends right now. It has been wonderful being able to live vicariously through everyone's updates & photos here and on Facebook. Thank you for sharing, and thank you Otto, Baby Doe and crew for making it happen!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 8:55 pm   Permalink

Such an amazing event! I've been going to TO since the Palm Springs days, and I'm STILL amazed at how big it's grown!! Lots of fun, hanging out with friends that I haven't had a chance to hang out with in years!

I've had a lot of people asking me about records. When The Hula Girls finished our set on the main stage, I guess we were tricky to find. If you want to purchase a record or CD or a hand screened poster, you can get 'em here:

http://www.thehulagirlsband.com

Thanks again to Otto for having us, we'd love to do it again next year!
Can't wait for more pictures.... A lot of it is pretty foggy for me...

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-08-23 21:04 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 07:10 am   Permalink

great seeing all our friends at oasis again! way too much fun.
was it me or was this the best tiki oasis yet????
oasis turned 10,incredible room parties,great weather,playing bass for kin tsoy, martini kings played 2 fun shows plus my wife and i got re-married at oasis on saturday in a ceremony for 40 guests at the waterfall. couldn't think of a better place to renew our 20th year!
thanks to will the thrill for premiering the new 10 minute short film about the making of our new album on saturday eve at oasis.if you missed the flick -check it out here.
martini kings: the buddy greco sessions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwrbq9n90D4
also we apologize for selling out of the new disc early at oasis. if you would like a copy just visit our site at www.martinikings.com
thanks again otto, you know how to throw a party. also special thanks to baby doe for setting up our wedding reception and makin it happen.cheers!
tony and frank marsico
the martini kings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwrbq9n90D4

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 08:38 am   Permalink

Tony, I was one of the crowd that took you up on your offer of the leftover wedding food that you wheeled out into the vending area. I thanked you, but did not realize it was YOUR wedding! Congrats!!!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 10:27 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for making the Oasis once again the high point of my year! This event was my 40th birthday party, & I couldn't have spent it with a better group of people!
Also, big thanks to this year's jacket folk:

Otto & Baby Doe
David Lozeau
D.J. Strike (Kitsch niche!)
Thor
Leleliz
Wendy (danlovestikis) and Dan Cevola
Doug Horne
GROG
MP
Tom's art project
VanTiki
Jason Lee (from the R.I.P.tides)
Ken Ruzik
Kirby
Squid
Babalu
RedWoodTiki
Mad Dog Mike
Danny Derva
Buzzy
Jason Wickedly
'Crazy Al'
Trader Tom

I had to leave early on Sunday, so apologies to those who were going to sign then. I was tickled to see so many folks from last year, as well as new arrivals that were (for the most part) happy, respectful of the TIKI, and genuinely enjoying themselves. As always, Otto & Baby Doe, the Oasis has made my year liveable until the next one!
MAHALOS, ALL!

~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-08-24 22:14 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 1:10 pm   Permalink

hey 4wdtiki!
cool man. i hope the food soaked up some of the rum from the weekend!
cheers,
tony

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 1:15 pm   Permalink

I really hope to finally attend a Tiki Oasis next year. This year was just not affordable to me. Glad to see everyone had a blast! See you all next year!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lilusako
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-25 3:15 pm   Permalink

I think I'm still recovering from Tiki Oasis. I wanted to say thank you to everyone for making my first Tiki Oasis experience a blast! I had a lot of fun with with good friends and new friends. It was great to finally meet some Northern California people and other people from TC. I'd like to say Mahalo to Otto, Baby Doe, and the Volunteer crew for making it possible for me to attend! I can't wait for next year!

View Profile of lilusako Send a personal message to lilusako      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-25 3:35 pm   Permalink

What an incredible weekend for me & the Mrs. This being our first Oasis we didn't know what to expect, yet every moment was a memorable one filled with fun, great people & outta this world entertainment. We had such a great time it's taken 'til now to finally come back down to reality (now that I think about it, that could've been because of all the rum we consumed).

There are so many people to thank so I'll just give out the biggest heart-felt "Thank You!" to everyone who was there, from fellow attendees to the performers to the vendors to everyone who made things possible. And of course, a very special thank you Otto & Babydoe for making Oasis what it is today: THEE tiki event of the year. We're already making plans for '11!

And speaking of next year, since the 2011 Oasis will have a "south of the boarder" flavor, why not have Marty Lush & His Latin Livers on that main stage? That would be muy bueno!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-25 4:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-25 15:35, Tobor64 wrote:
And speaking of next year, since the 2011 Oasis will have a "south of the boarder" flavor, why not have Marty Lush & His Latin Livers on that main stage? That would be muy bueno!

YES, I AGREE!
I think most of those Latin Livers live in San Diego even.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 4:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-25 16:10, Tonga Tom wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-25 15:35, Tobor64 wrote:

YES, I AGREE!
I think most of those Latin Livers live in San Diego even.

Marty Lush and his Latin Livers would be the best choice to headline!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-08-25 5:00 pm   Permalink

I would prefer Shakira.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation