FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Surf Side IV from Az. at Dons Sat april 24th(tiki cd)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Surf Side IV from Az. at Dons Sat april 24th(tiki cd)
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-26 9:42 pm   Permalink

The Surfside IV were great! we are bummed out about Marie but I know she would want us all to have a good time for her.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 11:23 am   Permalink

The band was fantastic! We really loved them, and hope they come around again soon. There was a great turnout, and all the non-TC patrons seemed to totally dig them too.

We were also worried about Marie, and so glad to get the news not long into the night that she was going to be okay.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 11:31 am   Permalink

Deanna,

the Surf Side IV will be back in early Aug.
and playing at the SG101 convention that I put together.

thanks always to you and Trevor for coming to the show.
you 2 rule!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 1:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Deanna & Trevor for all the drinks you guys bought everyone, you sure lubricated us up good!
you kids rock!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 8:55 pm   Permalink

Jeff - awesome! We're going to SG 101, so we'll look forward to seeing them again there. Thanks for all YOU do to keep us all in the know about these great gigs. You're like the Julie McCoy for OC TC'ers.

Lance - LOL - hey, when you're in need of lubrication, come see us. Our pleasure, and it was fun sharing a table with you guys. See yah Sunday, if not sooner.

Here's a few pics from the night. Some of these are courtesy of Ravenne, posted on Facebook. I realize that I often neglect to post our event pics on TC now, since I'm posting them on Facebook, and most of the people in them are on there. I know not everybody is though, and I always enjoy seeing pics from other people, so I'll stop slacking on that!

Everyone enjoys the Big Toe / Dave Lozeau "drink n' sketch".

Mmmmm...appetizers and art

Carlee's suggested subject "Bikini Girls with Machine Guns" produced these two gems. Dave's is on the left, and Toe's on the right. These were drawn spontaneously in 5 minutes. I'm in awe at the talent!

My suggested theme "Smurfs on Crack" resulted in these next three disturbing sketches (not sure why these pics are so small - sorry!)

Smurfs on Crack, by Dave Lozeau. I got to take this one home - thanks Dave!

Smurfs on Crack, by Big Toe. Ravenne didn't have a finished pic of this, but I know the lucky girl who went home with this one too. Thank you Toesy!

Smurfs on Crack, artist name unknown. One of the Don's patrons sitting at another table decided to get in on the drink n' draw. Cool.

Me n' Trevor (Tiki Kitty and Top Cat)

Atomic Tiki Punk (Lance) clutches his swizzle stick collection for the night. This photo seems to call for an "ARRRRRRGH" caption, doesn't it?

Kisses for Trevor from Stacey (Happy Chi)

Doug Horne (Swampfire) throws out some jazz hands

Stacey is passionate about her Lapus

The adorable and soon-to-be betrothed Jason and Dannelle (Jason Wickedly and Tiki Dudai)

Our lovely resident photographer, Ravenne, with Toe and Dave Lozeau

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 9:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the Pics, Deanna and Ravenne.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 10:31 pm   Permalink

"ARRRRRRGH"

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 10:45 pm   Permalink

Does anybody else think that BigToe looks a bit like "Dean Martin" with a beard!
By the way BigToe is one hell of a nice guy! really! good guy!

LHR
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-28 11:13 am   Permalink

Hey Jeff and the other TC folks! Thanks for having us out to Don's. It was a blast. Hope to come back one day.

Someone shot a little video snippet, actually, in cased you missed it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjbrown/4557632407/?likes_hd=1

View Profile of LHR Send a personal message to LHR  Goto the website of LHR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-28 11:22 am   Permalink

Wow - great video! Thanks for posting. Great band too - see you guys in a few months.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 12:00 am   Permalink

I could never do the suit and Fez thing if I was in a band,
but damn it looks swanky.

thanks again for comin out guys.
Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation