FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving swizzle....bought some chisels, and has started carving(Ku progress + another page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
swizzle....bought some chisels, and has started carving(Ku progress + another page 3)
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 12:31 am   Permalink

Had good weather today so I got stuck into my KU.We have a long weekend coming up so I think i'll be able to get him completely roughed out in the next two days, then after that it will be the slow process of cleaning him up.

Quote:

On 2010-06-08 05:23, 4WDtiki wrote:
So was any of this progress done with the new chainsaw?

No it wasn't 4WDtiki. I did straighten the top and feet on the KU today and whilst I had the chaisaw out, I did this.

He's very rough at the moment as i've never used a chainsaw before but it's given me a good shape to work on with the chisels. I'm pretty confidant that i'll be able to clean him up with chisels so he looks half resonable. It will have to wait a while though as I want to finish the KU first.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-12 07:04 am   Permalink

hey swizzle.... if your ever up in nsw look us up ...so far great stuff.... sometimes those chainsaws can do more damage than good.... chisels = radness

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 12:09 am   Permalink

Hey Cap'n Pharaoh, I do agree with you regarding chisels. I only bought the chainsaw to be able to cut the ends of the logs straight and also to give me a quick rough shape. Then i'll get the chisels out. Where in NSW are you? I might head up to Sydney in about a month.

Didn't do anything yesterday as I went out, but here's the progress I made today. Still a lot of work to go on this fella.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 7:11 pm   Permalink

Looking good! A chain saw is just a fancy chisel.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 12:14 am   Permalink

This is carving I did before I started work on the Ku. It's a gift for my friend and it's the logo for his website the Careless Navigator. I didn't post any pics prior to finishing it as I didn't want him to see it before I gave it to him.
It's actually my second attempt at it also. The first one was on a smaller piece of wood and kept chipping because of all the small tight corners, so I had to discard it. I (sort of) cheated on this one and used a router on quite a lot of it so that I wouldn't have the same problem.

This is where i'm up to on the Ku. I'm only spending a few hours each weekend on it, so that's why it's taking so long. Also, every time I go to clean up a section (mouth,hands,feet) I keep changing my mind and start carving deeper. I have no idea when i'll stop, but the next time I post some pics will be when it's been sanded and stained.

And here's a gratuitous pussy shot. This is Chester thinking he's helping.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-05 08:02 am   Permalink

This ku is looking nice. Very clean work so far.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-05 08:17 am   Permalink

Great job on the Careless Navigator, swizz!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 03:42 am   Permalink

wow, he's looking really good you did a particularly good job on the mouth

View Profile of BigAndyB Send a personal message to BigAndyB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 05:47 am   Permalink

The cat carving is fantastic, so realistic! Not very tiki though...

The CN carving is awesome, the two tone staon effect works well. Love it.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation