FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sven Kirsten presents "The Sound of Tiki" CD @ Trader Vic's LA, Thurs April 29th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Sven Kirsten presents "The Sound of Tiki" CD @ Trader Vic's LA, Thurs April 29th
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-18 5:50 pm   Permalink

To celebrate the release of Sven Kirsten's extraordinary "The Sounds Of Tiki" CD, join us at EDEN @ Trader Vic's LA on Thursday April 29th from 8pm until late. Sven will be signing copies of the CD and will have copies available for purchase. DJ Jay Strongman will be playing tracks from the CD, vintage and contemporary Exotica, bossa nova, surf and lounge......A night for defining and redefining Exotica past and present, for great drinks, decor and company.

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Tiki Viking 2010-04-18 23:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Tiki Viking 2010-04-18 23:02 ]

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-04-18 6:02 pm   Permalink

In!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 1:58 pm   Permalink

RIght Arm!
(or Left Arm of Buddha...)

We are so there!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Screaming Lord Richie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-19 8:50 pm   Permalink

Cool Im There.

View Profile of Screaming Lord Richie Send a personal message to Screaming Lord Richie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 04:21 am   Permalink

I will be there, too!

I am counting on it, I am scheduled to return from Prague on the 27th. But to make sure, please give an offering to Pele, to appease the wrath of the volcano that already has separated me from my wife for the last 4 days. Her flight to see me was the first to get cancelled. Incredibly so, she made it on the first flight out of LAX yesterday. But right now, she is stuck in Frankfurt, and has to take the train to Nuremberg, from where we will pick her up by car to Prague.

My street

Meanwhile, the British Royal Navy is sending war ships to France to rescue stranded travelers there.

We might need a vacation from this vacation, a Navy Grog at Trader Vic's will be just the ticket, and then we can regal you with ash cloud travel stories --relaxing with the SOUNDS OF TIKI !

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-20 11:16 am   Permalink

Sven, glad to hear that Naomi made it across the Atlantic....hope you guys have a great holiday in Prague...looking forward to hearing about it on the 29th !

In the meantime I've dug out this musical offering to Pele...

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 12:33 pm   Permalink

Well its been enough time to be out of the Tiki community.
I'll be there.
I did make reservations.... Just in case.
Will be good to see everyone.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 8:56 pm   Permalink

who are you again?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 12:45 am   Permalink

From my SOT thread in "Tiki Music":

I just got a copy of Jeff Berry's "REMIXED" and, besides the fact that it is an absolutely gorgeous volume, I was reminded that many of the Bum's classic concoctions collected in this tome are the perfect companion to "The Sound of Tiki":

Beginning with the AKU AKU Lapu, to be enjoyed with Martin Denny's "Aku Aku", one can go down the track list and imbibe the Mr. BALI HAI, the CASTAWAY, the KON-TIKI Ti Punch, the HAWAIIAN EYE, and last not least, the PIECES OF EIGHT, all with their appropriate aural accompaniment!

Well, maybe not in one hearing.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 4:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-20 20:56, bigtikidude wrote:
who are you again?

Jeff(btd)

Who me? Dang sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-22 09:01 am   Permalink

Just a week to go....

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 09:07 am   Permalink

can't wait.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 3:11 pm   Permalink

Dang, I'm flying out to New Orleans Jazz Fest on Thursday and will miss this. Really wanted to go, should be a great time.

Sven, hopefully all of that volcanic interference stuff is over an you will have an easy flight back to make the date.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-24 11:24 pm   Permalink

Just six days to go...

some music from this...

some music from this...

some music from this...

some music from this...

and all the music from this...

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 10:44 pm   Permalink

hooot hoot

Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation