FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Vamp'sHouse-OutOfAfricaMstrBth-EquestrianPwdrRm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Vamp'sHouse-OutOfAfricaMstrBth-EquestrianPwdrRm
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 9:17 pm   Permalink

I am into theme decorating...a different theme for each room, so posting my non-Tiki rooms here. I am the world's worse photographer, so please excuse these bad pictures. My cabinets are white and the walls are are really nice cream (in case you can't tell).

Here is the OUT-OF-AFRICA Master Bath

Towels = Pottery Barn & Stein Mart
Chair & Bench = Linens & Things
Towel Shelf = Cost Plus World Market
Crystal Sconces & Mirrored Jewelry Box = Bombay Company (I miss that store)
Animal Masks = Design Toscano
Blow Gun = Jungle Trader (thanks Vic
Candles = Pier One
Jaguar Figure on Vanity & Leopard Print Vase = Macy's (eons ago)
Vanity Trays = Southern Living @ Home (soon to be Willow House)
Shrunken Head = THOR (thanks, truly a favorite of mine)
Wooden Cot = Mine (Dad used to have us sleep on these when we went camping-eons ago)
Rug = Home Decorators (eons ago)

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2010-05-02 17:17 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-18 10:54 pm   Permalink

Neat! I love that bench.

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 08:55 am   Permalink

Nice!!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-19 09:38 am   Permalink

Very nice room Marlene, let's see the rest of them.

I love themed rooms (and themed dinners too ) I hear rumor that Mr Pupu Pants has some great themed rooms too, maybe we can gets some pix out of him.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 3:00 pm   Permalink

I like the idea behind the room, but have you thought about painting the walls & ceiling in more Jungle-y colors? Maybe do the walls in Green and the ceiling in a Bamboo Patterned Yellow/Beige?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-19 6:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is hard to appreciate the color of the walls, but they are a creamy ivory which doesn't show up in the picture...so I can hang with it for now. I do agree that a nice pale green with jungle plant motif would look great, but that will be another project for this room in the future...maybe a paint party???

I do have my guest powder room done too, so will be back to post that this weekend.

Everything else is mid-decor.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 1:51 pm   Permalink

I love the theme Vamp. I absolutely must get up to your place to see it in person, soon.
I do the same thing with different themes in each room. My bedroom is decorated in beach cottage and my guest room done in flamings.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-29 08:13 am   Permalink

Very cool! Nothing wrong with projecting the imagination into every corner of the home...

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-02 5:05 pm   Permalink

EQUESTRIAN POWDER ROOM

My decorating tends to be outside of the norm, so hope this powder room doesn't make ya'll run for the hills...LOL. I'm hopelessly stuck in that different theme for every room...go figure...can't seem to avoid it, so I embrace it.

This room was prompted by the table with the horses head legs from Bombay Company. It started me on an Equestrian theme and I purchased everything off the Internet and had a professional install the wallpaper.

Kohler Pedestal sink, toilet, brushed nickel hardware, mirror were standard in my executive model
Wallpaper = Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper
Towels = Linen's N Things
Bathroom Set = Home Depot/Expo
Riding Boots = Stateline Tack
Leather Gloves = Antique Expo
Jacket, Blouse, Scarf = Pyramid Collection
Framed Equestrian Prints = Art.com
Pewter Equestrian Tray, Crop = Christensen’s Saddle & Supply

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2010-05-02 17:15 ]

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 7:32 pm   Permalink

The hallmark of western civilization IS a tidy and well appointed powder room...don't you agree? I thought so.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-04 8:47 pm   Permalink

Now THAT is funny!!! I got two more bathrooms to decorate...someone save me from myself please.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-04 11:42 pm   Permalink

Vamp, do you sometimes put on the jodhpurs & boots and prance around the bathroom?

Quite a lovely water closet.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fijifingers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 11:43 am   Permalink

In my opinion ......... both bathrooms are exceptionally nice. Would enjoy the experience immensely.

View Profile of fijifingers Send a personal message to fijifingers  Email fijifingers Goto the website of fijifingers ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 7:51 pm   Permalink

I am seriously enjoying the African theme!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-08 11:33 am   Permalink

LOL MadDog...now that is a vision that would put your eyes out.

Just gotta do a couple of more decor things and then I will post pictures of my Laundry Room...LOL.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation