FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki pray for Marie...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
pray for Marie...
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 3:44 pm   Permalink

We are at Don the Beachcombers with Art. He just informed everyone that Marie the bartender was in a serious car accident this morning and is in ICU right now. Jon Paul is with her but its too soon to know anymore. We are praying for her.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 3:48 pm   Permalink

That is so awful. I was just about to leave to go down and see her.

All my thoughts Marie.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 3:52 pm   Permalink

Best thoughts from the north bay.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 4:09 pm   Permalink

Our thought are with you Marie and Jon Paul.

Love from Mark n' Maggie

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 4:26 pm   Permalink

Sending our prayers and hopeful thoughts for you Marie and JonPaul.
-Andy & Debbie

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Marie and Jon Paul.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 4:35 pm   Permalink

God this is bad news...may the power of prayer and uncontaminated positive thoughts envelope Marie with love and healing energy.

We're here for you two and if you need anything, just send a signal.

I'm going to meditate for Marie and Jon Paul right now.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-24 5:02 pm   Permalink

Subj: MARIE KING INJURED IN FREEWAY ACCIDENT; AWAITING SURGERIES;. NO PAINKILLERS ALLOWED.

Chris:
I know that you will be as shocked as I was when JonPaul called me this morning to tell me that Marie had been badly injured on the Santa Monica Freeway as it passes through Downtown.
I went to the Hospital and met him there. He led me into the room where Marie was awaiting x-rays. She was suffering terribly, and had no memory at all of what had happened. She is suffering from a concussion that has been detected as leaking blood into the brain cavity.
Marie is holding tough under the multiple serious injuries. I was told that she is also suffering from a broken pelvis, for which an operation will be necessary, and a dislocated hip, that resists being put in place by outside manipulation and may require an operation there also. She also has a broken leg which seems to indicate from its bandaging that it is a multiple fracture, but hopefully not compound.
With all the excruciating pain, she has not been allowed to have painkillers, because of the need for a conclusion of seriousness of the concussion before drugs can be used to stop the pain.
Once again, she is one tough cookie, and if anyone can recover from a situation like this it will be her.
Marie is insured by Kaiser, but is at California Hospital. This means that the doctors must agree to the level of danger before they move her. Many of these questions will be answered in the next few hours, and I will bulletin you when I have news.
FOR NOW : Give thanksgiving that she was not killed--God has saved her for something more important. Pray that her pain may be reduced in intensity and that her anguish be relieved. Pray that when the doctors complete their diagnosis they will find that the injuries were less than they now appear. Pray for her hour by hour that she may heal rapidly and completely, and that God hold her hand and give her comfort through this ordeal.
Clearly, this is not the time for visitation. That may begin in a week or so. I will keep all
up to date.

Art

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-24 5:14 pm   Permalink

WooHoo and I were stunned when Art gave us the terrible news! All we can do right now is wait for the doctors to do what they have to. Hopefully their original prognosis will be downgraded and Marie will mend quickly! JP-You are in our thoughts and prayers as well. Please keep us posted!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 5:58 pm   Permalink

We visited Don's last September & Marie gave us a tour of the whole place. Our prayers are with her! Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-24 7:08 pm   Permalink

Bad news.

You're in my prayers, Marie.

Hang in there JP.

Ernie

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 7:13 pm   Permalink

Pull through and heal fast, Marie !!

I hope the worst has passed.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-04-24 7:19 pm   Permalink

Sending good thoughts to Marie.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-24 7:48 pm   Permalink

Gosh we had just arrived at Don's to meet Chris, Karen, Dani and Gogo and Art had just told them the horrible news. My heart literally sank when we heard what happened. Our thoughts and prayers go out to JP and Marie.

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 7:54 pm   Permalink

Sending good thoughts to you both.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation