[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Watery Grave
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Watery Grave
thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-24 6:00 pm   Permalink

Hi there.

I've been watching and lurking for a few years, and want to thank everyone for the inspiration you've provided. This is still very much a work in progress, but I think it's reached the point where I'm not too embarrassed to post the pics below and ask for advice and criticism.

My next projects are to finish decorating the wall behind the bar and to build a bamboo draft tower to replace the waist-level beer tap that you can't see.

View Profile of thomamas Send a personal message to thomamas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-24 6:08 pm   Permalink

I'm glad you posted! Any place you can call your own and hang your hat after a long day is fine by me! Keep us up on the progress.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-24 6:23 pm   Permalink

Great start, soon it will be completely covered in bamboo, thatch and dead blowfish! Love the figurehead.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 8:30 pm   Permalink

I love the name. Keep it in mind while decorating. I'm seeing all sorts of crazy themed stuff going on with a name like that. Keep up the good work.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-04-29 20:33 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 09:21 am   Permalink

LIKE. Nice tiki btw. It's nice to see some of the tiki buyers from the bay area posting.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 09:30 am   Permalink

Yes, great name...
I would get rid of the pink, but that's just me.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RedPatti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-01 09:13 am   Permalink

I love the deck feel to your space. Just peeling some shrimp and a cold one with a breeze. Looks great.

View Profile of RedPatti Send a personal message to RedPatti  Email RedPatti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-01 2:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all of your comments.

Jungle Trader -- I knew exactly where to put your tiki as soon as I saw him. Hopefully, this isn't too sacrilegious, but one of my coworkers helped me find this Ikea table top to rest on his head.

I cut a sheet of copper flashing to cover it and edged it with copper slug tape. After a year or so outside it started to look respectably aged.

Last week's project is essentially complete -- I built wainscoting from rolled bamboo fencing sandwiched between strips of molding. Laziness has set in again, but I expect to add something like black Coroplast to keep the background color from showing through. It would probably be simpler just to paint that part of the wall dark brown, but I'm not quite brave enough yet.

View Profile of thomamas Send a personal message to thomamas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-01 2:50 pm   Permalink

On the subject of the name, they aren't exactly tiki mugs, but I had Cafe Press print some of these last year:

WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-01 11:32 pm   Permalink

I actually like the coral color. Very vacation like. Nice project.

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-02 07:01 am   Permalink

Did you make the bar? It looks cool and I don't feel I've seen one like it.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-02 08:53 am   Permalink

Yes, very home made.

Much of the wood is recycled from the former owner's mediocre attempt to enclose the porch with scrap wood, sheet plastic and cheap indoor/outdoor carpet that I spend weeks undoing. The sides are covered with bamboo area rugs from Cost Plus, and the molding around the front and top is from Bosko.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-02 09:45 am   Permalink

You've got some great elements going on there...love the color of your house!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 3:43 pm   Permalink

Cool

Any updates???

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 3:46 pm   Permalink

Nice. You have some cool stuff.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation