Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Need Help Identifying Mug
Need Help Identifying Mug
Tam Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-25 7:25 pm   Permalink

I bought a mug at a thrift store that looks just like an Orchids of Hawaii R-3 mug except there are no "jewels" in the eyes, and this mug is 3/4 inch taller than the R-3. It is well made, but there are no markings. Any ideas of who may have made it would be appreciated. Here is a picture of the mug:

Thanks, Tam(Ed)Tiki

View Profile of Tam Tiki Send a personal message to Tam Tiki  Email Tam Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-25 8:50 pm   Permalink

I had this mug awhile back but for some reason he has gone missing.... ;( weird...
Anyways here the link on OM..
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=4015

I remember my mug looks identical, no jewels I was told it was made by Quon-Quon

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tam Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-26 05:27 am   Permalink

Beachbumz,

Thanks for the info and the link. I had looked on Ooga-Mooga before, but didn't see this one because I wasn't sure what to search for. This really does help alot.

Ed

View Profile of Tam Tiki Send a personal message to Tam Tiki  Email Tam Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-26 11:39 am   Permalink

There's one on ebay in case you want a matching set...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RARE-Strange-Hybrid-Tiki-Mug-Tiki-Quest-Pg-60-/270568114863?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3eff1dcaaf

BB

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tam Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-26 11:54 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up, but the shipping alone is more than half what I paid for the mug here in Tampa. It will be interesting to see how much the thing goes for on eBay though. BTW I looked on OM and saw the Quon-Quon version, and it has holes in the eyes like the Orchids of Hawaii mug does. This one doesn't have those. Oh well, I just see it as one more mug to drink out of - regardless of its origins.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation