FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-14 01:30 am   Permalink

Tiki Drama.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-02 2:01 pm   Permalink

Added bits of talk or found sound or false starts at the beginning and/or end of songs AND "bonus" tracks hidden after many minutes of silence at the end of an album (especially "bonus" tracks which are nothing more than a sound collage made up of studio chit chat and bad takes).

Sometimes it works and ain't intrusive, and in the context of an entire album it's usually OK. But when hearing the song in a mix of all your music it can really screw up the flow. I hate hearing one song end then "Blah-blah-blah-ha-ha-ha!!!" before the next cut begins. The huge wad of silent minutes that some tracks are buried behind are also annoying as suddenly the music just stops and you're left wondering if the iPod powered down or if all the power just went out cuz it's the end-o-the-world.

Another reason I'm tired of it is that it's all been done before and unless you're absolutely in L-O-V-E with a band it rarely adds anything to the listening experience.

But what I really hate the most about it is that it forces me to crack open the tune and edit the start or end time to get rid of the noise and since I'm one of these idiots who will constantly tweak and retweak stuff until it's exactly just right this wastes valuable minutes (OK, hours) of my time which could be better spent posting rants on Tiki Central.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 07:45 am   Permalink

People who complain about the glorious and wonderful hidden bonus tracks on albums..

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 12:26 am   Permalink

Pot smoking scenes in movies and TV shows.

By now even the casual viewer has seen almost every sort of character get stoned and the hilarity that can ensue. And of course there's the extra hilarity of someone accidentally getting high from a pot laced baked good.

But if it was already used years ago as a plot device on Friends or Frasier it's a fairly worn out idea.

Yeah yeah yeah, "nothing new under the sun" and all that. But watching characters getting stoned is about as interesting as watching them browse paint chip samples at the hardware store.

Pot scenes are lazy writing, an easy device to reach for when some wackiness or slapstick is desired.

Or maybe pot scenes aren't lazy writing, they're just an example of the writers following the old advice "write what you know." If that's the case it could also explain how movies like The Green Hornet get written and produced.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 05:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-05 00:26, woofmutt wrote:
Pot smoking scenes in movies and TV shows.

By now even the casual viewer has seen almost every sort of character get stoned and the hilarity that can ensue. And of course there's the extra hilarity of someone accidentally getting high from a pot laced baked good.

But if it was already used years ago as a plot device on Friends or Frasier it's a fairly worn out idea.

Yeah yeah yeah, "nothing new under the sun" and all that. But watching characters getting stoned is about as interesting as watching them browse paint chip samples at the hardware store.

Pot scenes are lazy writing, an easy device to reach for when some wackiness or slapstick is desired.

Or maybe pot scenes aren't lazy writing, they're just an example of the writers following the old advice "write what you know." If that's the case it could also explain how movies like The Green Hornet get written and produced.

I concur.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-05 05:55 am   Permalink

Even if the hilarity that ensues is riding a cheetah? A cheetah WHO IS ALSO STONED???

Just thinking about those pot-smoking cheetah shenanigans makes me chortle. <== and there's the proof! See? CHORTLING!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 10:18 am   Permalink

(Album Version) when it's been added to every track title on an album for no reason.

Adding (Album Version) to a track title only makes sense if there was a single version of the song that was different from the album version. Songs like the Marshall Tucker Band's Heard It in a Love Song (shortened for a single release) or Madness's The Prince (a single on 2 Tone that they re-recorded for their debut album on Stiff Records) or Cheap Trick's I Want You to Want Me (of which the live recording is the version most everyone knows) could all benefit from (Album Version) or, if appropriate, (Single Version).

But adding (Album Version) to the title of tracks that only ever existed as album versions makes no sense at all. One may as well amend the track title with (Musical Version) or (Audio Version) or (Version that Follows the Track Before It and Precedes the Track After It).

What's most annoying about the unnecessary (Album Version) is that it forces me to edit every friggin track title that has it tacked on because I'm the sort of moron who will spend hours and hours and a few hours more trying to keep his iTunes/iPod as orderly as possible.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-31 12:51 pm   Permalink

what's an Ipod ?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-31 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-31 12:51, bigtikidude wrote:
what's an Ipod ?

Jeff(btd)

Why it's right next to your iVid, iGlass & iSexBot Jeff! I sure hope you have an iGravity Neutralizer
Get with the times, You silly midichlorians receptacle. Zero-G LOL

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-05-31 13:03 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-03 6:10 pm   Permalink

you. I know a lot of idiots who think you're a genius, but I also know plenty of genius types who think you're an idiot. I'm having trouble deciding who's right, but perhaps we should put it to a vote?

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-03 8:26 pm   Permalink

You came out of a month long hiatus for that?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-03 10:05 pm   Permalink

tiki-riviera, is it woofmutt or myself you are referring to?

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 07:56 am   Permalink

ATP - I was referring to Woofmut. We've had a long running feud ever since the time he took my dog and shaved "I'm a cat" into his fur. Plus, he constantly whinges about dead space on albums..

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 10:13 am   Permalink

Well that would chap my hide too, tiki-riviera
Maybe you should get even by shaving "I'm a Goldfish" into his cats fur.

But I find dressing other's pets up in little suits and ties to work nicely
also I am sick of all those naked pets running around, There should be a law!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-06 09:49 am   Permalink

I am tired of tiki-riviera's constant "Hey everybody! Look at me! Look at me! Hey! Hey! Look! Here I am! Hey! LOOK!!!"

Cheese Lewis, man, give yer finger tips a break once in a while!

And stop tryin to impress everybody with all those boring stories...

"I know a lot of idiots who think you're a genius, but I also know plenty of genius types who think you're an idiot."

Ha! Yer so fulla crap! Nobody thinks I'm a genius!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation