FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-18 4:54 pm   Permalink

People trying to kill themselves to set a record....

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/american-free-diver-nicholas-mevoli-dies-in-bahamas-event-111813

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-28 01:09 am   Permalink

Radio ad: "This is a public announcement..."

No $h!t Sherlock! That's how radio works, anyone with a roll of toilet paper, 100 feet of copper wire, and a razor blade can hear what you are saying.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-28 1:30 pm   Permalink

Justin Bieber. In general.

http://news.yahoo.com/justin-bieber-australia-graffiti-row-002322449.html

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2013-11-28 13:30 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-28 8:09 pm   Permalink

People not introducing people.

The skill of introducing people seems to be completely dead but it's a skill you can learn fairly easily.

The simple rule is: When you are with someone and you meet someone you know who the person you're with doesn't know you introduce the person you're with to the other person then introduce the other person to the person you're with.

Example: Jack and Pat are walking down the street. They run into Chris, a friend of Jack's. After the round of "Oh my god, Jack!" "Oh my god, Chris!" Jack then says to Chris "This is my friend/co-worker/old school chum/acquaintance Pat." Then Jack says to Pat "This is my friend Chris."

In your introductions there should be some small piece of information as to how you are connected to the people, but it doesn't have to be more information than necessary. Call the other person a friend if he/she is a friend, a co-worker if a co-worker, or your professional relationship if it's one you don't mind revealing (such as a salesman you do business with or your accountant).

If one of the relationships is casual or one that you'd really not reveal to the other (such as your dealer, another stripper at the club where you dance, your ex's brother, your contact on the police force, your spirit guide, etc.) then refer to the person as "My acquaintance _________."

If you bring a guest to a party you need to introduce the guest in the above manner to everyone you meet.

You should always introduce the person you're with immediately after the initial greetings with the person you know. Immediately. Don't start chit chatting and leave the person you're with standing there staring or force him/her to introduce him/herself to the person you're visiting with.

If you are the host/hostess of a party/dinner/event you should try to introduce your guests to other guests they don't know. One of the reasons you have parties is to introduce people you know to each other. So make the rounds and make sure your guests have all met each other. (If it' a very casual event like a kegger or BYOB barbecue it's assumed that guests will mingle and meet each other. But if you have friends who aren't very outgoing you should make a few introductions for them.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-28 11:34 pm   Permalink

I completely agree Muttman! manners is a thing of the past.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 07:44 am   Permalink

You said it, Woof....and I think some times we could use a little more of that, even here in tiki central. For example, last tiki day at the park I tried to be involved...but not one person greeted me or acknowledged me or bothered to even say "hi"..it very much felt like a closed group of people who already knew each other..since I am actually shy in public, I didn't feel like barging into conversations and introducing myself. I just left.

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 9:35 pm   Permalink

Actually Lucas your situation was different in that it wasn't, I assume, a hosted event and even if it was it fell into the casual category where it's expected that people introduce themselves to others.

For the shy or socially inept I suggest you either provide and wear your own obvious name tag (ideally with a humorous touch such as I'm Lucas! Please meet me! or This is Lucas. He doesn't bite. Usually.) or bite the bullet and introduce yourself to a couple people. (You might also have to try and kindle a bit of conversation but with Tiki in common that should be easy. And if you're a minor Tiki celeb such as yourself it should be even easier.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-29 10:13 pm   Permalink

I must say I am annoyed by HOA restrictions.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-02 3:50 pm   Permalink

http://money.msn.com/investing/post--luxury-hotel-creates-shanty-town-slum-for-super-rich

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-04 06:29 am   Permalink

Monkeys. I hate monkeys. Tired of seeing them.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-12 11:23 am   Permalink

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/sentence-in-texas-teens-fatal-dwi-wreck-stirs-ire

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-12 1:21 pm   Permalink

I'm tired of the 0.9 cents on gasoline prices. Back when gas was 30 cents per gallon, the difference between 29.9 cents and 30 cents was 2% - ALMOST enough to make a difference. But the difference between $3.499 and $3.50 is one tenth of one percent. Just price it to the nearest cent, YOU"RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 8:55 pm   Permalink

"Zero tolerance." Just admit that you're too lazy to think.

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 11:07 pm   Permalink

Rush Limbaugh, and pretty much everything he espouses.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 05:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-17 23:07, TikiTacky wrote:
Rush Limbaugh, and pretty much everything he espouses.

+10000000000000000000000000000

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation