FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-08 12:46, VampiressRN wrote:
I always feel sad for people that are new and post Home Tiki Bars but they have no Tikis. Now you know I can't be mean so I do try to complement and encourage them to get a Tiki. So I get what you mean tikiskip.

I'm trying not to be mean myself that's why I put it here.
And don't want to name threads.
This thread just dropping with no "Hey that's cool" set me off, sorry.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=10230&forum=18&start=360&365

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 2:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-08 12:20, lucas vigor wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-02-08 10:31, tikiskip wrote:
Fluff.
Tons and tons of non tiki BS fluff.
When ya got a guy that does a how to on Tiki central and it gets less feedback
than a non tiki vacation that's posted in a section about makin tiki.
Tc is starting to get lame.

Not saying that it needs to be 100% tiki 100% of the time.
Man keep the Bs in Bilge.

Links? I can't find the threads you are talking about....

I think I know the thread he's talking about. I won't point it out because he's trying not to offend the person, methinks.

I believe the problems stems from the whole "let's not start a new thread, let's keep any posts even loosely related to this topic in this thread."

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-08 3:54 pm   Permalink

If we can't be honest & forward with someone (I am not talking about personal attacks)
then what is the point of even having a conversation?

I am constantly amazed at those who interject malice into my comments
when I am just being straight forward, anyone who has heard me say anything in person
knows I am not that way.

It really seems to be a generational thing, We Baby Boomers don't seem bothered by it
but today's kids can't handle any form of honesty or criticism.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 6:47 pm   Permalink

"I believe the problems stems from the whole "let's not start a new thread, let's keep any posts even loosely related to this topic in this thread."

I get the idea that it's all about ALWAYS being on top of the category and thread count
would be my best guess.

"If we can't be honest & forward with someone (I am not talking about personal attacks)
then what is the point of even having a conversation? "

People can't take it, being honest that is, but page after page of nothing to do with the category.
That kind of thing just waters down this site.

It's like that kid that runs around sayin "look at me look at me"

But Kahaka is showing how to make lights and gets the blow off?
Man I thought that stuff went on because folks were out of the loop or clique.

I try and just avoid that stuff, Sorry it's cold, I'm old, fart mold.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-08 7:16 pm   Permalink

I brought up that the Boris Karloff mug wasn't tiki, but I was told it was excused because the poster was Holden from Tiki Farm and he "knew what was tiki." If that was true, Boris wouldn't be in General Tiki. But whatever. I don't make the rules.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 9:25 pm   Permalink

That's not it.
That thread was fine.
And the mug was ok in my book.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-08 10:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-08 19:16, TikiTacky wrote:
I brought up that the Boris Karloff mug wasn't tiki, but I was told it was excused because the poster was Holden from Tiki Farm and he "knew what was tiki." If that was true, Boris wouldn't be in General Tiki. But whatever. I don't make the rules.

Well that was me that said that, so I will clarify

Holden was asking our opinion on if he should do a run of The "Trader Verne" authorized reproduction of the famous Zombie mug
which is a vintage mug & highly collectable, It was not a new design.

I myself not being a fan of "monster mugs" said so in that same thread
but the pedigree of the mug in this case was not in question, due to it's extensive history.
which is why I said Holden knows what he is talking about, (Did you take that as admonishment?)

I believe you might not have been aware of the context of the thread, but if an artist was just posting
a new monster themed mug in the General Tiki area, I would agree with you.

And by now you should be aware I am usually the first person on here to point out that something's not Tiki
as I am sometimes called the Tiki Police by a few people who don't care about such things.

Now this also goes back to my other point above that you may not be taking my criticism as I intended
but as some form of attack, which I did not intent it to be.

Do you mind if I ask you your age? TikiTacky.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-08 10:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-08 22:03, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Well that was me that said that, so I will clarify

Holden was asking our opinion on if he should do a run of The "Trader Verne" authorized reproduction of the famous Zombie mug
which is a vintage mug & highly collectable, It was not a new design.

I myself not being a fan of "monster mugs" said so in that same thread
but the pedigree of the mug in this case was not in question, due to it's extensive history.
which is why I said Holden knows what he is talking about, (Did you take that as admonishment?)

I believe you might not have been aware of the context of the thread, but if an artist was just posting
a new monster themed mug in the General Tiki area, I would agree with you.

And by now you should be aware I am usually the first person on here to point out that something's not Tiki
as I am sometimes called the Tiki Police by a few people who don't care about such things.

Now this also goes back to my other point above that you may not be taking my criticism as I intended
but as some form of attack, which I did not intent it to be.

Do you mind if I ask you your age? TikiTacky.

I don't dispute it's a neat mug, and it certainly has some cachet because of Verne's pedigree. BUT, I still don't see how it's tiki. Was it used at any Polynesian restaurants in the heyday of tiki? It certainly isn't Tiki Style. I didn't take your response as an attack, I just didn't feel like it answered my question about how it's tiki.

In answer to your question, I'm over 40.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-08 11:00 pm   Permalink

Well the best way I would describe Verne Langdon (The creator of the Mug) is a
1960s version of "Ed "Big Daddy" Roth"(and a little Ed Wood) of the Movie & Music business, He was a big Tiki fan during the heyday of Tiki
way before many people here were born, as a musician, composer, singer, songwriter, keyboardist,
record producer, actor, makeup artist,writer & "Wrestler" (what!) he was a true Renaissance Man.
But he was best known for his movie work & Masks.

http://www.vernelangdon.com/page5a.html

El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-08 11:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
If we can't be honest & forward with someone (I am not talking about personal attacks)
then what is the point of even having a conversation?

With you it is not an issue of being honest and forward. We all know that by now. Being honest and forward is OK but your delivery comes across as a personal attack. You have to know this by now because of the reactions you receive. If you don't know this by now I have no idea what to tell you.

Quote:

I am constantly amazed at those who interject malice into my comments
when I am just being straight forward, anyone who has heard me say anything in person
knows I am not that way.

Amazed? Really? When you call someone's art the work of a kindergartener and then hound them for several posts afterwards how do you expect them to perceive your comments. I will let you know I did not think their artwork was good by any means but your delivery of the criticism or your opinion was way off base. Everyone should be able to voice their opinion but do so in a respectful way. Being straight forward does not give you the right to be an ass. Once again it seems you have a delivery problem because I have had several people tell me you are really a nice guy in person.

Quote:

It really seems to be a generational thing, We Baby Boomers don't seem bothered by it
but today's kids can't handle any form of honesty or criticism.

I am definitely not a today kid. I was brought up to give your opinion, speak your mind, hold your ground but do so at least civilly at first and then if necessary let all hell break loose. ATP you seem to take the let all hell break loose approach first. While that is definitely your right to do so it is often unnecessary to make your point.

[ This Message was edited by: El Jefe 2014-02-08 23:32 ]

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Onyx_Noir

Posted: 2014-02-08 11:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you for stating exactly what I was thinking El Jefe. I've never interacted with ATP but I've watched their interaction with others. It definitely comes across as a bit on the aggressive side.

View Profile of Onyx_Noir Send a personal message to Onyx_Noir  Email Onyx_Noir     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-09 12:12 am   Permalink

What can I say...Punk Rock!

El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-09 12:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-09 00:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Poseur.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-09 03:34 am   Permalink

I don't make personal attacks on people here, nor do I do it just because I don't like them, Jefe
unlike you.

I am guilty of direct criticism, maybe not delivered in the form you would prefer
but honest none the less, but it is you whom has attacked me personally and repetitively
for some time now, you attack my sense of humor, say it has no place here on TC
because you don't like it.

Yet not once have you offered your own opinion to counter mine, you only offer personal attacks
and that makes you a hypocrite of the highest order.

You don't like me, everyone gets that, so stop acting like a little child
and get on with your life now, you made your point, for what it is worth.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-02-09 06:30 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-09 07:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-09 00:32, El Jefe wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-02-09 00:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Poseur.

Pot, meet kettle.

And I will go further and say that I have been attacked by you merely for making statements that are NOT against any member of this forum. For example, when I said I was against a bar band playing modern country music at a tiki event (That bar band has no members on this forum) it was not a personal attack against anyone, but only a general criticism....and you were all over me like a cheap suit. Seems you do that a lot.

You think ATP is the tiki police? You are more like a special reserve officer. Look in the mirror for a moment. You are accusing people of doing things that you yourself do far too often.

And you are a bit of a stalker as well. Soon as ATP posts something you don't like, you are right there. I am pointing this out because it is not the first time you are doing it to him. Don't like his posts? No one is forcing you to read them. And calling someone a "poseur" is an insult. I got news for you, bud...there are a lot of original punkers on this forum and I am one of them!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2014-02-09 07:57 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation