FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-25 8:21 pm   Permalink

Kill me...

Why do tiki bars play sublime??? When I am on vacation I shouldn't have to hear this crap!!!

Three Dots looks cool and has decent drinks but the music is the worst. 90s Dance party???

Edit - I actually offered a waitress $20 to skip sublime at Tikis in Waikiki. She did it and I gladly paid.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2014-04-26 07:26 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-25 20:21, lunavideogames wrote:
Kill me...

Why do tiki bars play sublime???

Why does ANYONE play Sublime? Just sayin'...

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-26 3:27 pm   Permalink

I know right???

In SD we will walk out if a bar when sublime comes on. Plenty of other bars around.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-02 3:08 pm   Permalink

I'm tired of lack of courtesy on the road. On my way to work I have a right turn from a stop sign to a busy 4 lane highway. People will be spread out every 500 yards all driving in the #2 lane. If any one of them would put the phone down, pull their head out of their butt, and move into the #1 lane I could pull in!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 3:27 pm   Permalink

YES! this , what Mike said, you inconsiderate bastards!

I hate driving in Cali, The only place I hated more was on the Autobahn
(but then I wasn't driving a souped up German killing machine, like everyone else)
I was doing the equivalent of around 98 MPH in the slow lane & still had angry Germans
honking & cursing me out, behind me.

I had a crazy time also back in the 1980's on the Autobahn stuffed into a VW Beatle
with 6 drunk Marines (Doing some time at a Hofbräuhaus) we had it floored, yet cars
were tearing around us Madmax style (Which strangely I just saw the day before dubbed in German
and called "Der Vollstrecker")

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-02 11:03 pm   Permalink

I wish people in California would use their blinkers. It is common courtesy. Are you stopping for no reason? Slowing down to turn? I could pull out if I knew you were turning... If you use your blinker I will know what you are doing and not just assume you are a moron who can't drive.

VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-05-04 5:23 pm   Permalink

I am tired of CHP sitting on the side of the freeway under an overpass aiming a radar gun at the speeders. It is not speed that causes accidents, it is unsafe lane changes and not using your blinker. It doesn't matter what speed you are going, if you try to move over and cut someone off it can cause a multi-car collision. It doesn't take a multi-million dollar study to figure that out, just drive the freeways, and especially watch out for trucks.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-04 7:02 pm   Permalink

Looks like I touched a nerve there

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-04 7:10 pm   Permalink

What drives me nuts is tailgating. It's the leading cause of injury accidents.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-04 10:54 pm   Permalink

Shouldn't drive so slow, tacky

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-04 17:23, VampiressRN wrote:
I am tired of CHP sitting on the side of the freeway under an overpass aiming a radar gun at the speeders. It is not speed that causes accidents, it is unsafe lane changes and not using your blinker. It doesn't matter what speed you are going, if you try to move over and cut someone off it can cause a multi-car collision. It doesn't take a multi-million dollar study to figure that out, just drive the freeways, and especially watch out for trucks.

Speeding may not be a leading cause of accidents, but it is a leading revenue generator, just like parking meter violations. You think they want your $.25? They want you to screw up and issue a $100 ticket.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-06 10:58 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2014-05-06 10:42, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Quote:

...just like parking meter violations. You think they want your $.25? They want you to screw up and issue a $100 ticket.

Wow! I never thought about that

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 11:49 am   Permalink

It's not the .25 cents, but it's also isn't the ticket. The primary purpose is to keep a turnover of cars so that people will shop more and generate revenue and tax dollars. That's why most places have a limit and won't let you feed the meter. The tickets are just a bonus!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 9:44 pm   Permalink

I'm sick of sellers listing their shirts and mugs as "shag" when they have no connection to Josh Agle AKA Shag. Shag is not a style.. If you are not selling shag carpet, shag wigs, or something by Josh Agle it's not Shag. You are lying. Yes I understand, it may lure in folks from other searches from the poly pop genre but that does not make it right. You are polluting the searches and just bothering potential customers. It's about as honest as listing your Harvey's bucket mug as being made of solid gold and diamonds.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-05-06 9:55 pm   Permalink

You are definitely spot on LT.

OK...I am sure I will be slaughtered for this...but I am sick of people trying to portray Pit Bulls as fun loving family dogs. I am an avid dog lover but those dogs have an inbred kill switch. JMHO

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation