FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
I Am Tired Of...
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-08 10:29 pm   Permalink

I'm with you Vamp, there is a reason they have that reputation. I don't know if it is a genetic disposition or a result of the culture of most pit bull owners? My sister-in-law had a pit bull that she rescued from a shelter. She insisted it was a kind and gentle dog even after it mauled some little yip-yip and costs her thousands of dollars in court costs. But the kind and gentle pit bull went quietly back to the shelter after my sister-in-law had her first baby. Hmmmm...

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 10:52 pm   Permalink

Everyone I have known who owned a Pitbull at one time or another
the dog has attacked them or someone else at least once without
any provocation.

Pitbull's be crazy!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-08 11:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-06 21:55, VampiressRN wrote:
You are definitely spot on LT.

OK...I am sure I will be slaughtered for this...but I am sick of people trying to portray Pit Bulls as fun loving family dogs. I am an avid dog lover but those dogs have an inbred kill switch. JMHO

Right on Vamp! A visit to any shelter in the L A area would probably surprise many of the folks here. The preponderance of P B’s amazed me. There’s usually plenny of them “blue” ones wid the angry yellow eyes ready to go home with you and terrify the neighborhood. They have no problem scaling six foot fences-that’s why so many are “chained” even when behind a substantial fence. I’m sure this improves their gentle depositions. I’m ready to take the “heat” with you Vamp!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-09 10:39 am   Permalink

I'm tired of local big box retailers asking for donations for the Children's Hospital 120 miles away when we have 2 local hospitals that are struggling financially. If you say no they look at you like you are a monster that hates children and drown kittens.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 2:00 pm   Permalink

Well, *I'm* tired of being a sitting duck, waiting for the inevitable unprovoked attack from my angry yellow-eyed Pit Bull with the inbred kill switch. :/ Sigh.

I make it a point not to engage in important debates online, but would welcome a respectful in-person chat with any of you regarding your above points if we ever have the opportunity. Lance, I must correct you; not everyone you know who owns a Pit Bull has had their dog attack someone. In fact, you might be surprised to learn how many in your close circle of tiki friends have had Pit Bulls in their family, and support and love the breed.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kitty 2014-05-14 15:09 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 2:52 pm   Permalink

Long story short, before I became the unexpected owner of a pit bull puppy many years ago I was scared and skeptical of the breed. Her name was Bella and I miss her a lot. She was an extremely intelligent dog that got along great with everyone she met.
There are knuckleheads that should not own pit bulls, I agree, but the experience I had was great. If I were to own another dog I would adopt a pit bull puppy.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 3:53 pm   Permalink

She does have a sweet face

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 5:03 pm   Permalink

Deanna I stand corrected, Since Deanna spends much of her time rescuing Dogs (including Pitbull's)
and finding homes for them, I concede to her expertise.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-05-14 6:48 pm   Permalink

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 6:48 pm   Permalink

I will NEVER own a dog, and I have to deal with piss poor dog owners on a daily basis in my neighborhood. I have never been a dog fan. I remember being 3 or 4 sitting in my front yard and a dog came up barking at me and then ran off with my favorite stuffed animal. When I was 16 (I am the oldest of 3 brothers) my youngest brother was attacked by our pet Springer Spaniel, which I had to deal with since no adults were around, leaving large gashes on his face. Besides all of my bad experiences, I just never liked dogs. They always bark or bite at me, not to mention pooping everywhere.

That being said, I have met some really nice pitbulls. Quite a few of my friends and relatives have had them over the years, I even helped one friend pick one out at an adoption center. I think it comes down to the owner and how the owner handles/treats their pitbull that determines how the dog will act.

Annabell was the pitbull I helped my friend adopt. She was super sweet and she came from an abusive house originally. She never barked and never bit anything ever.

My friend Jon had a pitbull named Max. He was dumb and super strong, but he was the most playful happy dog ever. Never barked. He was attacked by another pitbull at dog beach, but would not fight back. The other pit kept biting him and his owner just looked on without stopping him.

Just my point of view as a cat lover

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-05-14 6:49 pm   Permalink

Cat lover?!!!

Here, this is for you.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2014-05-14 18:56 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-14 7:11 pm   Permalink

I had a friend whose roommate owned a pit bull named Patty. He loved that dog, and said she was the sweetest dog in the whole world, and was vehemently opposed to the pit bull bans that are common in cities around here. One day he got too close to her food when she was eating, and he now has a permanent scar on his face where the dog tore him open.

Animals can be unpredictable. Pit bulls have a reputation for being more so. Your mileage may vary.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 7:50 pm   Permalink

GROG, your BRUTAL tonight! Are you sure they didn't remove your heart instead of replacing the valve?

(spelling intentional just to piss you off )

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-15 09:24 am   Permalink

I Am Tired Of...every single Harley Davidson owner. Sorry, you all drive like you own the road, very very entitled.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-15 5:36 pm   Permalink

I'm tyred of Kneandethawls who coreect mie spelling!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation