FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » I Am Tired Of...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
I Am Tired Of...
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 21 days ago; 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-11-30 21:37, hang10tiki wrote:
... Not living by an ocean

Not having you, live by our ocean!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 10:55 pm   Permalink

Camera phones popping up in front of me while I am trying to enjoy an event. So annoying! I luv taking pix but I always make sure I’m not blocking someones view. I try to anticipate the shot and stand behind the crowd.
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-12-16 22:55 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 05:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-12-16 22:55, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Camera phones popping up in front of me while I am trying to enjoy an event. So annoying! I luv taking pix but I always make sure I’m not blocking someones view. I try to anticipate the shot and stand behind the crowd.
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-12-16 22:55 ]

This has become an increasingly prolific behavior at concerts, restaurants etc.
I was recently at the "Music goes Bang" show & could not see many of the performances

Because of the many people holding their phones in the air to film the entire concert
I had to say something to the very rude people doing this a couple of times
when they held those damn phones right in front of my face.

The cell phone issue has become indicative of a current lack of manners & etiquette
that is a generational issue, I for one, never take my phone to meals, family time, movies etc.

I find nothing more rude then a person taking out a cell phone to take a call or text
during a meal, movie etc.

Times sure have changed & not for the better.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 08:30 am   Permalink

There was a study done that showed that people that spend their time focused on recording an event don't remember the actual event that they attended.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-12-17 08:31 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 09:46 am   Permalink

Somewhat on same subject above, here is editorial by Koop Kooper of Cocktail Nation on the digital world

Cocktail Nation:Digital Nerds

Unfortunately people do go out of the house and bring the digital world with them to the annoyance of others.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 11:43 pm   Permalink

Went to a christmas program at my grandchildrens school this evening. We were seated in the 3rd row and some fool in front of us held his notebook up to record the 1rst performance. When he started to do the same for the 2nd song I said to my wife in a stage whisper “that knucklehead with the notebook doesn’t realize that he’s in the front row” He turned and gave me da stinkeye but he kept the notebook on his lap for the remainder of the evening. Yea!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation