FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 05:15 am   Permalink

Nice family photo.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 6:30 pm   Permalink

Been slacking a bit in my updates .... it's been hot! I've been taking advantage of that air conditioning so haven't chopped into any logs for a couple weeks. I have been doing some paddles for the tourists so I've not been completely lazy!. Decided to try out that router attachment for the Dremel .... kinda squirrelly, but functional ... These are cut from Home Depot fence planks.

Here are the first three, I have three more to finish up..

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 11:10 am   Permalink

Looking good! Great idea using fence pickets! I think squirrelly is a good description of the router attachment for the dremel. I tried it with very rough results. I need to practice with it some more.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 2:43 pm   Permalink

kool stuff Capt'n!

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 3:43 pm   Permalink

Awesome panelish works going on here. Well done!

Mahalo!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 11:25 am   Permalink

Thanks guys ... yea, you have to keep a firm grip on that dremel router attachment or it will jump around. Especially when in one of the grooves of the grain! Hit the hard spots and it shifts right or left very quickly!

I've finally finished up the other three paddle panels. I'm more than ready to get back to carving! I like doing other things, but sometimes they can be a pain in the ass! Nothing like a mallet and chisel!

Here are the paddles ... touristy stuff, oh, and a snake and gecko!

Drew out the next tiki. This is a mask that I've been wanting to do.

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 1:09 pm   Permalink

Paddles look great...
Next dude will look sweet...
Have fun

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 7:56 pm   Permalink

Chopped a bit on this marq mask ..... just can't get that enthused about it . maybe it's cause it's so frickin hot outside! I don't know .... Ya know sometimes when ya just don't "feel" a piece your working on? Well that's how I feel about this one. I'll keep it going to finish it up but it just doesn't have that "wow" factor!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 06:42 am   Permalink

Add some raffia or shells - maybe even some paint or stain. That will give it some punch!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 10:10 am   Permalink

From time to time, I have to put one out of site for awhile...sometimes several months. Then I can come back and look at it with fresh eyes and see what needs to be done.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 3:06 pm   Permalink

yeah, I've got a mask I started a year or 2 ago & I hate it, so it'll probably never get done, and it's made of cedar so I can't quite bring myself to throw it away...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 4:41 pm   Permalink

I have a pile of stuff that is to this day, a work in progress. Just put it away. One day, it will stoke you to grab it and place the proper finishing elements to it. Not a Mulligan.......more like Incubation of an idea.

Good topic!

Mahalo

I like the mask quite frankly..... send it to me and I will send you one of my unfinished projects!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-15 11:59 am   Permalink

I really like the paddles. I might steal the idea (if you don't mind) and put a few in my yard. As for the mask, It is nice and clean and the cuts are deep. I guess sometimes you got to walk away and give yourself a break. The "vibe" will pick up again. I think it looks good from where I am, but then again I'm in Pennsylvania.

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-15 12:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys .... I'll finish up the mask next week. It's a simple carve and won't take much to finish it off. Thinking a red chestnut stain with a gloss poly will do it! It's just one of those things where I have a nice 6 footer in the pile that is screaming KU! so the enthusiasm for this guy has waned ...

Have fun making the paddles! These are just the 6 inch fence planks from the depot, cut to 27 inches and ran thru the band saw and then routered out with the dremel. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Have a Great Day!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-21 10:23 am   Permalink

Nope .... never could get into this one ... oh, well! He's done and gets to be nailed to the fence! Now onto something else!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation