FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 10:40 am   Permalink

WoW! Been awhile since I've posted anything! Everybody continues to knock out some very nice work! I've been following along, just not participating!

I am slowly but surely knocking chunks off of this latest Ku. He's about 6 foot including his pedestal.

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 1:51 pm   Permalink

nice Chris...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 4:10 pm   Permalink

Jack is back! and off to a great start.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-26 1:06 pm   Permalink

it's been awhile, bring it on!

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-28 09:53 am   Permalink

Thanks guys .... I'm sure not breaking any tiki carving speed records with this guy! He's a 'marathon' tiki as opposed to a 'sprint' tiki!!

Got some more wood removal done .....

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-22 4:06 pm   Permalink

Just about done with this pedestal Ku .... finally! Just some sanding, stain and spar yet to go.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-22 5:54 pm   Permalink

Lookin good

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-23 05:07 am   Permalink

Those big guys seem to take forever. Lookin good!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-23 05:07 am   Permalink

Those big guys seem to take forever. Lookin good!

skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-23 10:19 pm   Permalink

SWEET !!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-26 11:14 am   Permalink

Thanks guys! He's finally done! I went with the distressed gray stain to try and get the look of those two Hawaiian tikis that are photographed a lot. Those two are gray from weathering so this is my attempt at a shortcut!

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-26 7:19 pm   Permalink

Captain Jack... Excellent carve! Love the finish too... This guy would fit right in on the Isle of Refuge! Very nice Kona Style Ku!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-26 9:06 pm   Permalink

Came out great...

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 12:55 pm   Permalink

Nice work, interesting to see a different finish as well...

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-16 07:40 am   Permalink

I suppose I could update my thread every now and then! Haven't been busting out many tikis lately but do have a couple items I can post ...

Had this really dry palm log in the pile that was intended to be a tall skinny Lono. After stripping it down it was very crumbly and dry so not worth the effort to try and make a detailed tiki out of .... so I carved my skinny version of "Paul!" .... if you aren't familiar with Paul, he is a foul mouthed alien from a movie a couple years ago ..

I did strip down another solid log that is going to be the pedestal Kanaloa that goes with the pedestal Ku I did before. It is roughed out and I started some of the headress. This will be the same gray stain as the Ku. Got a lot of camping to do in the 'new to me' motorhome but I hope to get this one finished in a few weeks.

... oh, here's the new toy! Just drove it back from Georgia (to California) this week ... thinking of painting a couple tikis on the back!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation